What is wrong with Windows Updater?

sayitaintso511

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Updating is the biggest pain the edit. Recently the PC automatically installed Windows Updater Assistant...I don't know how it got installed (I certainly didn't install it), but it's installed now somehow and I'll just leave it at that...So apparently, the assistant will download and install the update, while you're working windows and let's you know when it's done and needs a restart...ok, great, I'm actually glad for that. That's so much better than the process of updating at boot up that takes forever and ends up crashing (ALWAYS). So the program automatically starts itself and download & installs..done, right? I restart and much to my surprise it still does the forever-long update at boot up. What the hell?!?! AND IT STILL CRASHES! No other choice but to go reboot in the middle of updating, and when I do, it reinstates the previous version of Windows. Ok, fine, so when I go into Windows, the Assistant automatically starts for the Update and again goes through the process of downloading, installing, restarting and then UPDATING AGAIN AT BOOT UP.....*and then crashes....I've gone through this process six-seven times over the past day... What the hell is the point of the assistant?!? Some one please let me know what the edit is going on with the program and everything stupid about updating Windows. Enlighten me, please. I know there's nothing wrong with my machine--no viruses, no malware, no bloatware. My machine is fine & clean, and my hardware is far from obsolete. There is truly something edit up with the updater. Windows, FIX IT edit!