what is wrong?

Nov 8, 2018
So i recently had water leak on my pc, it leaked for 2 hours without me noticing, i dried it for 24 hrs and to my surprise, the computer could still turn on. That meant the psu was fine, my graphics card is a gygabyte radeon rx 560 and when i booted the pc its said "gigabyte insist on ultra durable" (nothing abnormal yet) then it shows a black screen with white flickering in and out every five seconds, it did not make any progress after that. I suspect it is either my motherboard or my hard disk that is the problem, after all, the pc was on during the time of leaking. Also if i press the off button it will take a few seconds and shut down (if this helps). So, what component has water damage?

Ps. the water spread everywhere, although in a small amount measureable in drops, because most of the water bounced off the casing. So it wasnt soaked, more like standing in the rain with an umbrella, water still gets to you.

Solution
then it shows a black screen with white flickering in and out every five seconds
I would remove the video card, and use the onboard motherboard video output to test of the video card is fried.

even a few drops into a fan/case can spread everywhere and its not the quantity that matters, a droplet of 1mm size dimension is plenty big to fall into a PCIE slot (horizontal or verticals matters not to water) and cause a short that ruins your hard ware.

once you have remove the video card I would blow air through it to make sure there isn't any residual water on the contacts. water can remain viable longer than 24 hrs, especially if in contact with surfaces.
then it shows a black screen with white flickering in and out every five seconds
I would remove the video card, and use the onboard motherboard video output to test of the video card is fried.

even a few drops into a fan/case can spread everywhere and its not the quantity that matters, a droplet of 1mm size dimension is plenty big to fall into a PCIE slot (horizontal or verticals matters not to water) and cause a short that ruins your hard ware.

once you have remove the video card I would blow air through it to make sure there isn't any residual water on the contacts. water can remain viable longer than 24 hrs, especially if in contact with surfaces.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
MERGED QUESTION
Question from raya.lagos : "what has water damage?"

Nov 8, 2018
Im releaved to say the soultion worked, i took it off, dried it separately and it seemed to fix the black screen problem. I think its safe to say my pc did not take any water damage despite it being a concerning amount of water entering inside. I might just be one of the lucky ones. Thank you so much for your help