andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
Gigabyte A320M-S2H V2 rev1.1. (B350 Chipset)
Ryzen 3200G
XPG Gammix D10 3200MHz 2x8GB
BX500 crucial 240gb

is it possible that running my ram at 3200MHz (OC) mode has killed my board??

there was no other overclocks done, and voltage was set to auto.

One thing i might add, this motherboard auto sets ram voltage. when its in XMP mode 1.35v, this motherboard auto volts the ram to 1.368v.??

i now set my ram to 1.33v on my new setup/mobo and it auto itself to 1.344v or 1.348v i think.

could this have killed my board??

plz inform, thanks.

Solution
Yes ok, i get u bud ram is cpu depended mobo is fine for 3.2ghz.

One last thing count, ive just removed the cpu/mottherboard etc from the case, and it appears i did NOT screw the motherboard screws in tightly, they were pretty much all loose and turned easy. Did this maybe 'short' the board? do u think the loose screws have damaged it??

plz respond im trying to get to the bottom of this. thanks bud
No, loose screws are not gong to do that, they are supposed to "short" actually ground MB to the case but MB is also grounded by negative (black) leads to PSU. One of things that can make real short are standoffs between MB and back plate if any is in the place where there's no hole in the MB. Another place is back plate for cooler...
u sure. even with the 3200g shared gaming vram? there was lots of gaming being done on it before it broke/died. what do u think killed the 2 month old board then bud?? let me know plz.

ram has tight timings 16-20-20-38-58-1T, XMP mode
Are you sure about B350 chipset ? It's A320 MB and that's the chipset.
Cl 16 at 3200MHz is not "tight" timing. 1.35v is normal for 3200MHz or more, it's highly unlikely that RAM frequency or voltage can damage MB but inserting or removing RAM under power ca,

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
Are you sure about B350 chipset ? It's A320 MB and that's the chipset.
Cl 16 at 3200MHz is not "tight" timing. 1.35v is normal for 3200MHz or more, it's highly unlikely that RAM frequency or voltage can damage MB but inserting or removing RAM under power ca,

hello count, look for yourself = https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-V2-rev-11/sp#sp

this a320m s2h v2 rev 1.1 has B350 chipset i found it hard to believe to.

what im asking is, the motherboard says "3200MHz (OC)" meaning this is an overclock to set ram at this speed, so could this have killed the board because its OC 3200MHz. do u get me???

hello count, look for yourself = https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-V2-rev-11/sp#sp

this a320m s2h v2 rev 1.1 has B350 chipset i found it hard to believe to.

what im asking is, the motherboard says "3200MHz (OC)" meaning this is an overclock to set ram at this speed, so could this have killed the board because its OC 3200MHz. do u get me???
No, not really overclock as far as RAM is concerned if that's what it XMP is 3200MHz. But technically it could be OC of the IMC (Internal Memory Controller) located in CPU which in this case is 2933MHz. That's why they said "* Actual support may vary by CPU". R53600 and up have IMC controller at 3200MHz so it wouldn't be OC even technically. So no, none of that should be able to damage MB.

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
No, not really overclock as far as RAM is concerned if that's what it XMP is 3200MHz. But technically it could be OC of the IMC (Internal Memory Controller) located in CPU which in this case is 2933MHz. That's why they said "* Actual support may vary by CPU". R53600 and up have IMC controller at 3200MHz so it wouldn't be OC even technically. So no, none of that should be able to damage MB.

One last thing count, ive just removed the cpu/mottherboard etc from the case, and it appears i did NOT screw the motherboard screws in tightly, they were pretty much all loose and turned easy. Did this maybe 'short' the board? do u think the loose screws have damaged it??

No, loose screws are not gong to do that, they are supposed to "short" actually ground MB to the case but MB is also grounded by negative (black) leads to PSU. One of things that can make real short are standoffs between MB and back plate if any is in the place where there's no hole in the MB. Another place is back plate for cooler if it's made of metal and not insulated from the back of MB.

Reactions: alexbirdie
Solution