What kind of a performance boost can I expect with a new GPU

AcesAurA

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Okay, so as the title states, I'm getting a new graphics card very soon. In a few days at minimum. The Graphics card is a GTX 970 4GB Twin Turbo OC.

My current GPU is a GTX 660 Direct CUII 2GB

I'm kind of worried about how games are going to perform as this is quite a big jump in terms of hardware for me and I'm kind of worried about what I should expect. Because I don't want to get this new GPU, put it in my system, and boot up for literally nothing to have changed save for a few frames. I know that's rather exaggerated but that's just the worry I'm having.

I could run /most/ games on my current system, with varying framerates, but I'm not sure what I should expect.

My full system as of now

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition @ 3.7GHz
GPU: GTX 660 Direct CUII 2GB
RAM: 1x 8GB Crucial DDR3 @1600MHz
Windows 10 Pro Build 16299 64 bit.

From what I can tell, my cpu will be a little bit of a bottleneck, but I don't exactly have the money to buy a new CPU as well.

AcesAurA

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Appreciate the response.

From the official page, it even states this card is VR ready, and with what I've seen, people with my cpu are able to play most vr titles. So that should say something about it really...

I just hope it's a noticable improvement. :)

AcesAurA

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Well I have the GPU, and it runs incredibly well.

Dishonored 2 had no problems hitting 60fps on high
Rainbow Six: Siege had no problems with high textures with TAA set to 100 for each, sitting at the 100fps mark on full resolution.

This card works wonders. Thanks for any input, will be marking this as solved.

TRENDING THREADS