Question What kind of configuration is needed?

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi

Configure
You have a computer and want to configure it will than will depend on the processor[CPU] and Ram the current one has. And the Operating system which I assume is windows?

Image processing lets use Photoshop as the software
Minimum requirement
ProcessorIntel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support*; 2 GHz or faster processor
Operating systemMicrosoft Windows 7* with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)**,
Microsoft Windows 10*** October 2018 update (64-bit) version 1809 or later
RAM2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
Graphics cardnVidia GeForce GTX 1050 or equivalent; nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 or Quadro T1000 is recommended
Hard disk space3.1 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
Monitor resolution1280 x 800 display at 100% UI scaling with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended
OpenGLOpenGL 2.0-capable system
InternetInternet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services ††

Or you could look at Gimp <--link to website, which is a free opensource application which is less demanding on resources and its free. If you follow the requirements for Photoshop than you will be fine. The OpenGL requirement is part of the driver of a graphics card today. Vram is video ram. The specs above are for photoshop but it can be a guide for gimp as well. I think you can use gimp with 4Gb ram and 4GB Vram.

Your last request is running for one week without damage. I do not know why running for a week would damage the computer. My system I am on runs 24 hours a day I but I reboot once a week.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS