[SOLVED] What kind of cpu cooler will in my motherboard asus mini itx?

Oct 25, 2020
Recently grabbed an Asus P8H61-i (mini-itx) and fit it inside a m-atx cheap case. I already have an i5-2500 non k with stoclk cooler and paired with a rx 570 8gb. When Im playing games like division or wildlands, the temperature rise til 80, 85 (maximum temp was 91 degrees celsius). So browsing in web found the Cooler Master Hyper T4 RR-T4-18PK-R1 as a budget and best option, but Idk If wont fit because of the mini itx board with the gpu.

So if anyone have dealt with this problem, how did you manage it? What could be the best option to low the temperature while playing games? In a future I would like to upgrade to an i7 2600, i7 3770, or some cheap ivy bridge Xeon equivalent to the i7.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
i5-2500 has a TDP rating of 95w, but that's only true for all threads locked to their base frequency.
With Intel Turbo Boost in the mix, it's going to be a little higher than that at full load; around 120w wouldn't be unusual for it.

The Hyper T4 is rated for up to, but not exactly, 140w. It should be fine.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Asus P8H61-I
Socket LGA 1155

Cooler Master Hyper T4
Supported sockets: LGA2066, LGA2011, LGA1366, LGA1200, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA775, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
It is 152mm tall, so make sure it actually fits in your chassis.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All Intel lga1xxx are the same size, doesn't matter if mITX or eATX, they all use the same bolt pattern. The only 2 questions are whether the cooler will clear your ram and whether the cooler will fit inside your case. Many mATX are pretty slim, only having 152mm/155mm clearance for a cooler, so that'll be a deciding factor. You really don't need much for a non-k 2500, any of the budget coolers will work.

But do try and figure if you'll also need a case fan or 2, having at least 2 fans (input/exhaust) will be important to the cooler itself.

Oct 25, 2020
Thanks to @Phaaze88 and @Karadjgne for the reply. I attached pictures of the processor. My main concern was the tiny gap between the processor fan legs and the graphic card. But I guess the cooler master T4 will do the work. Hope I can down the temperatures.

w3Hf342.jpg

And for the fans to extract the heat, maybe one 120mm fan at the back, and a 80mm fan at the side panel will do the work. And start thinking on a new case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i5-2500 has a TDP rating of 95w, but that's only true for all threads locked to their base frequency.
With Intel Turbo Boost in the mix, it's going to be a little higher than that at full load; around 120w wouldn't be unusual for it.

The Hyper T4 is rated for up to, but not exactly, 140w. It should be fine.

Solution
Oct 8, 2020
Recently grabbed an Asus P8H61-i (mini-itx) and fit it inside a m-atx cheap case. I already have an i5-2500 non k with stoclk cooler and paired with a rx 570 8gb. When Im playing games like division or wildlands, the temperature rise til 80, 85 (maximum temp was 91 degrees celsius). So browsing in web found the Cooler Master Hyper T4 RR-T4-18PK-R1 as a budget and best option, but Idk If wont fit because of the mini itx board with the gpu.

So if anyone have dealt with this problem, how did you manage it? What could be the best option to low the temperature while playing games? In a future I would like to upgrade to an i7 2600, i7 3770, or some cheap ivy bridge Xeon equivalent to the i7.

Thanks in advance.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
The reason why I recommend it is because it comes with a RGB card that's cool and also has thermal paste. After using it, the temperature dropped around10 degree. The thing is that it is a little bulky. So, don't forget to consider that as well.
I didn't recommend Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO as it can't be used for overclocking.
Good luck bud!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All the hyper212's are the same 140w capacity, they are the same heatsink with different fans or a paint job etc.

The issue with the hyper212 is its 160mm tall, which doesn't fit inside many cases in the mATX form factor.

Yes, you very easily OC on any of the hyper212 series, just depends on the cpu being used.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
140w. That table is pure BS, CM dreams. There's no chance a master air 620p is 200w, it's barely any better than a MA4.
The hyper212 evo got stomped on by the Cryorig H7, which is 145w, in every department except price.
And a T4 rated 140w? Please, CM has added at least 10-20w across a lot of those coolers.

TRENDING THREADS