What kind of cpu should i get that will fit my pc

bori0100

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Ok so i have a FX-6100 that i think need replacing now and im not sure what kind of cpu to get, thats not too expensive and still be better than the current one.
I am willing to replace my power supply but i would rather avoid changing the motherboard because it seems too hard. here are my specs:
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
CPU: AMD FX-6100
Motherboard: ms 7641
PSU: idk wat it is only know it 400watts

Solution
Then it's your CPU holding you back then which makes sense. You can upgrade to a higher FX chip as I mention aboved, but don't expect high improvements. Your upgrade path is pretty much a dead end until you get a new motherboard with new RAM.
You really can't go upgrade without changing the motherboard and RAM. It really isn't that hard, just need some patience. If you can replace a CPU, then you can replace a motherboard. Just need a screwdriver. Your motherboard is quite old, and doesn't really offer many upgrade choices that will give better performance. You can go to a FX-6300, 8300, or 8350. Not much else to go on. Depending on your budget, a FX-6300 is probably the best one, but I wouldn't recommend it.

another FX CPU wouldn't really have any noticeable performance gains so i too would recommend if your going to upgrade it should be a major one. even a cheap Intel Pentium build would give you a big performance gain. if your case is one from a pre built computer then it may be difficult to find a PSU that would fit correctly

bori0100

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

im getting lag on most games i play and its not a graphics problem since i just bought a new one

bori0100

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

Ok. so can u tell me what parts need changing and give me some recommendations?

Again, the FX series is a dead end. There is no point of upgrading when the only increase is frustration.

it depends on the game. some use the CPU more then the GPU and it may be new but the 1050 ti is still a low end GPU that may not have enough power to run some games

bori0100

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

Nope the fps doesnt change no matter what the graphics settings are.

Then it's your CPU holding you back then which makes sense. You can upgrade to a higher FX chip as I mention aboved, but don't expect high improvements. Your upgrade path is pretty much a dead end until you get a new motherboard with new RAM.

Solution