What kind of Education/Certifications do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyingriotman

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I'm still in high school and I was trying to get a general idea of what goals I need to set for myself, at least, education wise. Computers are a definite avenue, I'm only trying to decide if Electrical Engineering would be a broad enough classification to get me a hardware job.

Also, does anyone have a personal recommendation for colleges on the East Coast of America?

bitty_20

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
To get into hardware design, electrical engineering is the sweet spot. Computer engineering is also pretty much electrical engineering, but a few more mandatory CS courses (you can take these CS courses as electives if you major in EE). Not only can you work in computer hardware, but also in power systems, robotics, analog electrics, etc. If you are dead set on computer hardware, in your 3rd and 4th year in college make sure to take computing based electives such as advanced networks, computer architecture, digital systems and software engineering.

Make sure you love (and are good at) math, physics and comp-sci (and chemistry, for first year at least). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.