[SOLVED] What kind of electric tape can I use in my laptop?

Jul 18, 2020
So I ran into this problem with the keyboard of my laptop, an MSI GP62 7TEX Leopard Pro, on which a few keys don't work anymore (r, f, c, 8, 9, 0, delete and backspace). This is a problem many people seemed to have (see this link: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=295141.100 and check reply #85 #87 and #129 to find answers to the problem), and the solution seems not to be software, but hardware related. The cable ribbon from the keyboard , that is connected to the motherboard, is folded (badly placed by MSI) in a bad way. The cable ribbon is bended in the shape of a 'V', while it should be bended in the shape of a 'U'. In reply #129 of the forum (see above link), somebody states that he added a toothpick wrapped around some electric tape to create the 'U' bend. Now my question is: what electric tape is safe for me to use inside my laptop? I know that are different colors (like black, yellow, green, ..), but I'm not sure about which color is safe to use to fix the problem. I think that in reply #87, the guy use yellow-green striped tape, so I suppose that one is safe to use?

TRENDING THREADS