[SOLVED] What kind of Mobo standoffs do i need and where to get them

PhysicalPsycho

Prominent
May 6, 2021
Hi, I bought a new motherboard the Asus Rog Strix B450-F and to install that I need 9 standoffs I only have six. I have the MSI Vampiric 10X Case and I’m wondering where can I get the same size standoffs or do you know which size they are

Solution
If you've purchased the case second hand and are missing the 3 standoffs mentioned in the manual, then you should look for 10mm tall standoffs(that length is including the lower threaded portion and the standoff. If you're wanting to know what the distance between the motherboard tray and the motherboard PCB is, then it's 5mm, so if you're looking for the standoff depth, it's 5~6mm.

The internal threading of the standoffs should be M3.

Lutfij

Titan
If you've purchased the case second hand and are missing the 3 standoffs mentioned in the manual, then you should look for 10mm tall standoffs(that length is including the lower threaded portion and the standoff. If you're wanting to know what the distance between the motherboard tray and the motherboard PCB is, then it's 5mm, so if you're looking for the standoff depth, it's 5~6mm.

The internal threading of the standoffs should be M3.

Solution
It is best to use all 9 standoffs.
You might go to a local pc repair shop.
No doubt they will have some spares around.
But, in a pinch, you can use 6.
Place them where you will limit any possible motherboard bending.
It is a pain to remove and replace a motherboard.
If you need to order standoffs online, you might want to wait for them to arrive and install all 9 in your case.