[SOLVED] What kind of monitor connectors would be used with an ATI Radeon 9600 XT Video C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveneedshelp

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Hello,
I recently purchased a Power Mac G5 with an ATI Radeon 9600 XT Video Card. Would it be possible to run two VGA monitors with the proper adapters, or is it impossible? If possible, what kind of adapters would I need to connect to my two 15 pin VGA male connectors to the Video Card? Channels 1 & 2 on the Video card contain different amounts of pins(29 on Channel two and 35 on Channel one). If you're familiar with this card you'll know what I mean. I just want to know if I can use my existing VGA monitors so I don't have to buy new ones at this time. I figure that if it's possible some type of adapters would be cheaper. I would appreciate any advice on what to do and what kind of adapters I need, and where to get them.
Thanks so much,
Dave

Daveneedshelp

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011

:) Thank you very much for your reply. I've got the DVI adapter and it's working fine. I guess I'll just have to work with one monitor for now, but I will be looking for a less expensive ADC. I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.