[SOLVED] What kind of RAM is supported by my motherboard?

Nov 9, 2021
Hello,

I am looking forward to add a new RAM to my PC, I want to add 2x8GB RAM
I have a good deal for this one ( KINGSTON DIMM DDR4 8GB 3200MHz Fury Renegade Black)
But I encounter a problem I wanted to check do my motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H support it and I found this as a result: "Support for DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules"
So my question is will RAM I buy have a max speed of 3200MHz upon install or would I need to overclock it and is MHz all I need to look for while searching for a suitable ram or should I check something more?

P.S. I'm removing old RAM and adding 2X8GB so I will only have new RAM on my MB so it doesn't need to be suitable with the one I have now. :)

Solution
Hello,

I have a good deal for this one ( KINGSTON DIMM DDR4 8GB 3200MHz Fury Renegade Black)
But I encounter a problem I wanted to check do my motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H support it and I found this as a result: "Support for DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules"
So my question is will RAM I buy have a max speed of 3200MHz upon install or would I need to overclock it and is MHz all I need to look for while searching for a suitable ram or should I check something more?

P.S. I'm removing old RAM and adding 2X8GB so I will only have new RAM on my MB so it doesn't need to be suitable with the one I have now. :)

Hello!

As it seems...

Endre

Reputable
Hello,

Hello!

As it seems, your motherboard supports DDR4-3200.
You’ll have to enable XMP from the BIOS menu to get to that speed, otherwise it will run at default speed of 2133 or 2400 MT/s.

Please, also check if the kit that you want to buy is on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of your motherboard! Just to be sure.

Solution
Nov 9, 2021
Hello!

As it seems, your motherboard supports DDR4-3200.
You’ll have to enable XMP from the BIOS menu to get to that speed, otherwise it will run at default speed of 2133 or 2400 MT/s.

Please, also check if the kit that you want to buy is on the QVL (qualified vendor list) of your motherboard! Just to be sure.
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Endre