[SOLVED] What kind of splitter do I need to connect two monitors to my laptop?

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Hello all. I bought a new MSI Gaming Laptop and it has one HDMI port and also something called a mini-Display port. I want to connect two monitors to the laptop. I have a splitter but it only lets me use one monitor at a time.

I want to be able to use both monitors at the same time. What splitter is required for this please? Thank you!

Solution
Hello all. I bought a new MSI Gaming Laptop and it has one HDMI port and also something called a mini-Display port. I want to connect two monitors to the laptop. I have a splitter but it only lets me use one monitor at a time.

I want to be able to use both monitors at the same time. What splitter is required for this please? Thank you!
You have two possible options. Display port can daisy chain monitors. Or you could get two cables one for HDMI and one for the displayport.
A splitter will only allow you to display the same thing on two monitors. That is not usually what is desired.

kanewolf

Titan

You have two possible options. Display port can daisy chain monitors. Or you could get two cables one for HDMI and one for the displayport.
A splitter will only allow you to display the same thing on two monitors. That is not usually what is desired.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan

TRENDING THREADS