What knowledge can you give upon my build?

SMaghrouri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Using Digital Storm to make this, for the full cooling they offer, and because I would F up making my own computer.

Specs:

Mobo ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition X79

Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster ZxR

CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 4960X 3.6GHz (Six-Core) (Extreme Performance)

GPUs SLI (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB (EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooler Edition)

PSU 1200W Corsair Pro Platinum Series with Corsair Link (CP-9020008-NA)

RAM 32GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX

OS Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition

DS Cooling
-H20: HydroLux Level 3: Digital Storm Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Video Cards + CPU + Chipset)
- Fan Blow-Holes: VREG/CPU & Graphics Card Area: Laser Cut and Mount a Side Window 140mm Fans

Storage

OS: 120GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Neutron GTX Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Game storage:960GB Solid State (By: Crucial) (Model: M500) (SATA 6Gbps)
Storage: 4TB Western Digital (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) (SATA 6Gbps)

optical drive: ASUS Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Model: BC-12B1ST)

Case: Hailstorm II Edition

Comes with their CPU/GPU overclocking, this is meant for 1080p gaming with the option (2 gpu) for 4k gaming once it becomes optimal. How can I improve this or fix this build? thanks guys :D

Solution

There is a comment I could make on part of that statement, but I shall refrain.

SMaghrouri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Sorry I took so long to respond guys-

This is currently for 1080p gaming, but it will be used for 4k gaming as soon as 4k is optimal for mainstream games.

My last build was 2008, and was comparable to this in its era, (I do really good long term builds, or atleast try to) Im hoping this will last me a good way through the 4k generation. And if as airplanegeek says everything is maxed, is there anyway to better set things up? here is the link to look at my literal load up on DS

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/configcheck.asp?id=912042

SMaghrouri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

I realize that some if not most of this build is overkill by far, but that's the point of this build, to get 70+ FPS on every game I play in 1080p, and do very well in 4k. I understand that I can get great 1080p performance with a rig probably $5k, less than where it stands, but i'm trying to make a rig that will last atleast 5 years and be able to compete with future titles. Sure this thing can kill anything right now, but what about in 2-3 years when more games start actually utilizing things like SLI, Hyperthreading, etc.

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
You do know that you can currently get over 200FPS in most games on 1080p and worst you can get is around 120FPS. In 5 years you'll still get over 50FPS in most games.

USAFRet

Titan

Then in 3-5 years, you upgrade something. Buying overkill today is useless.
An overkill PC built in 2008 is where today? Spec-wise, it's on the Walmart reject rack.

But it's your money. Go for it.

SMaghrouri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

The sole reason I'm not doing a build that I can easily just upgrade is for the digital storm gpu+CPU liquid cooling they offer. I don't really have the slightest clue on making a pc much less a GPU water cooler

USAFRet

Titan

There is a comment I could make on part of that statement, but I shall refrain.

Solution

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
We all start from somewhere right? :D