what laptop replacement should i get

misfitkid86

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
hey all! my old laptop just kicked the bucket and i want to replace it sooner than later. question is: what should i get!? i'm just looking for websurfing and 1080p display, i'm not gaming or working on it it's mostly for entertainment. i want to spend as little as possible though i'll spend more if there's payment options. i've been looking at crap laptops but am really liking the microsoft surface line, anybody know if there any good? thanks for your help!

What's your budget and what do you want to be able to do with it? What I mean by that is, since you mentioned the surface, are you wanting it to be able to be used as a tablet and as a laptop or is that just an option you thought looked cool but isn't essential? Any particular screen size? Gaming?

misfitkid86

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
yeah price is somewhat flexible, i'd like to stay at or under $400, though if i can finance i'll spend more. i'm not planning to game on this it's just for video's and general web browsing. also yes i want it to be good and portable, i think the surface offers a good middle ground from what i see, and screen size doesn't matter as long as it's over 10."

misfitkid86

Distinguished
May 23, 2012

it's not a huge loss if i don't, but if it costs only a bit more for that then i would pay it.

rdc85

Honorable
are u planing connecting the laptop/surface on bigger monitor/screen?
(for watching movies)

U can cut out monitor res & size to stay on budget if so.. but more focus on internal hardware
to make sure it capable to playing 1080p without hitch..

I usually use bluetooth headset & speaker when watching movies since most speaker in laptop are bad...

TRENDING THREADS