what laptop should a creative with failing eyesight buy?

berbes

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2015
hello and thanks for your ideas. i was using a xps 15 9560, but it's getting tougher to use in as those 60's come running at me :). looks like a 17" screen is my future.

1. What is your budget? <$1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? i use the adobe creative suite. higher is better.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5. How much battery life do you need? i know that's the ultimate tradeoff, screen vs. battery life, but in my life i've had a m17 alienware laptop that had a lifespan of 1 hour. seriously. what will get me closest to both screen AND battery being good?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? games would be nice, but it's premiere pro and photoshop first and second.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) premiere pro and photoshop

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB min

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. dell corporate website, tiger direct

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? i want them to put in the coffin with me.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? i know today thin is in, so i can USB any kind of drive.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. i like quality without paying maserati prices. i still drive a '02 bmw E39 for those same reasons. i always went with a high-end refurb in the past, but i'm open to ideas.

13. What country do you live in? usa

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. i have a small pc repair business and rarely see lenovo and xps, but i know model quality changes year to year, so a fresh perspective is appreciated!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you only getting it for use outside shop, this advice probably won't help. If you getting it for the shop I would actually get a larger monitor and just plug the laptop into it. My eyesight is going too and last thing I would buy is a laptop unless you need it for jobs out of office. Screens were always too small for me :)

just thought I mention it.

Reactions: berbes