Question What laptop to buy?

Nov 24, 2020
Hi all,

I want to buy a laptop for my boyfriend and don't know which one to choose, as I don't know much about computers. He, however, is a former gamer and thus in the know, but he doesn't game on computer anymore - now he just needs it for everyday use, maybe some netflix now and then.

I am considering one of these two, primarily because they are on sale in DK and fits the budget. I've tried to list the specs - hope I'm doing it right.

ASUS R565JA
Processor: Intel Core™ i5 , 1035G1, 1Ghz
8 GB DDR4 RAM
256 GB M.2 SSD
Asus D509DA-EJ881T
AMD Ryzem 7 3700U-processor
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe

Are any of them good options and which one would you prefer?

Many thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I want to buy a laptop for my boyfriend and don't know which one to choose, as I don't know much about computers. He, however, is a former gamer and thus in the know, but he doesn't game on computer anymore - now he just needs it for everyday use, maybe some netflix now and then.

I am considering one of these two, primarily because they are on sale in DK and fits the budget. I've tried to list the specs - hope I'm doing it right.

ASUS R565JA
Processor: Intel Core™ i5 , 1035G1, 1Ghz
8 GB DDR4 RAM
256 GB M.2 SSD
Asus D509DA-EJ881T
AMD Ryzem 7 3700U-processor
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe

Are any of them good options and which one would you prefer?

Many thanks!!
Well they're both decent. But I would never ever buy last gen hardware on laptops. Especially after Ryzen 4000

I suggest you search for laptops with "Ryzen 7 4700U", "Ryzen 5 4500U" or "i7-1165G7"

Asus ZenBook 14 (2020) is a good option. The one with 4700U and 512GB SSD imo one of the best laptops.

I do not know the pricing or your budget, but the new MacBook Air with the M1 chip is a very powerful machine. Cannot play a lot of games easily, but it's more powerful than the processors listed above