[SOLVED] What LEDs Should i use for Case Power/HDD?

Nov 3, 2020
I am making an external hub for powering on my systems, and i would like to know what LEDS i should buy to use for POWER/HDD indication, preferably White and using the native boards power, (measured @ 5v)

Solution
I am just looking for the standard white or red LEDs that come with most PC cases. i dont need anything fancy, just looking for a bunch of them cheap
There's no standard LED. Case manufacturers pick out whatever suits them for their design. You're going to have to go on an electronics parts store, filter out what you want, and pick from there.
I am making an external hub for powering on my systems, and i would like to know what LEDS i should buy to use for POWER/HDD indication, preferably White and using the native boards power, (measured @ 5v)
Go on Mouser or Digikey and find LEDs with a forward voltage of 5 or just slightly under. If you have a means to step down the voltage using a voltage regulator, you can use LEDs with lower forward voltages.

Nov 3, 2020
What LEDs you use depends on what you are using to build this external hub. They are all pretty generic past size.
Go on Mouser or Digikey and find LEDs with a forward voltage of 5 or just slightly under. If you have a means to step down the voltage using a voltage regulator, you can use LEDs with lower forward voltages.
I am just looking for the standard white or red LEDs that come with most PC cases. i dont need anything fancy, just looking for a bunch of them cheap