What liquid cooler should i get?

Jukebox

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
So what liquid cooler to get with I7-6800k? I wouldn't want to spend more than 130€, unless must. I want a quiet and and pretty efficient as I am planning on overclocking a bit

Solution
Liquid cooelrs are problematic, prone to defects and not much more efficient than a good air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 and be quiet! dark rock pro 3.
That being said, for liquid Corsair H110i.

If you intend to overclock i wholeheartedly recommend that you take a look at the i7 5820k. It uses teh same platform and is a much better overclocker and a fair bit cheaper. I totally recommend it against the 6800k(and so does Tom's).

What’s more, the Broadwell-E-based chips are stubborn little overclockers. Even with his beefy open-loop water cooler, Igor had a hard time sustaining more than 4.3GHz for our launch coverage. That's a step back from the generation before.

For as long as they’re available, then, we’re sticking with our...
Liquid cooelrs are problematic, prone to defects and not much more efficient than a good air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 and be quiet! dark rock pro 3.
That being said, for liquid Corsair H110i.

If you intend to overclock i wholeheartedly recommend that you take a look at the i7 5820k. It uses teh same platform and is a much better overclocker and a fair bit cheaper. I totally recommend it against the 6800k(and so does Tom's).

What’s more, the Broadwell-E-based chips are stubborn little overclockers. Even with his beefy open-loop water cooler, Igor had a hard time sustaining more than 4.3GHz for our launch coverage. That's a step back from the generation before.

For as long as they’re available, then, we’re sticking with our Core i7-5820K honorable mention

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html

Solution

gondo

Distinguished
A good air cooler would be better for the Skylake. That being said I'm not a fan of 3 pounds of steel hanging form the motherboard. I also like a lack of CPU fan to improve case airflow.

For AIO in that price range (not including EKWB or Swiftech) I like the Enermax. But deep down I like the EKWB predator.