[SOLVED] What matter the most in APU's processor GHz, Cores or iGPU?

Dec 11, 2021
Hello im having a hard time to pick a processor and I want an APU so I can use it without Dedicated GPU. So here make me confused what's really matter the GHz, No. Cores and Thread, or The iGPU (Such as Radeon HD or Vega 3, what that's even supposed to mean?). And also can you recommend me a good processor except Ryzen cause I always seen them everywhere, I want to see the other's APU (Such A-Series or Athlon). Thanks for reading.

Another info I'm kinda looking for Tight Budget APU's With Decent Performance that's able to keep up today games. (Not those Fornite, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Apex Legends, Warzone, War thunder, WOT, WOW, and etc.)

Solution
Hello im having a hard time to pick a processor and I want an APU so I can use it without Dedicated GPU. So here make me confused what's really matter the GHz, No. Cores and Thread, or The iGPU (Such as Radeon HD or Vega 3, what that's even supposed to mean?). And also can you recommend me a good processor except Ryzen cause I always seen them everywhere, I want to see the other's APU (Such A-Series or Athlon). Thanks for reading.

Another info I'm kinda looking for Tight Budget APU's With Decent Performance that's able to keep up today games. (Not those Fornite, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Apex Legends, Warzone, War thunder, WOT, WOW, and etc.)
all of them matters, if you're aiming for APU, go with the latest apu like...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
" I want an APU that can keep up with today's games", Well a 5700G struggles with today's new games, and it's $300.:unsure:

5700G
i7-12700K
i5-12600K
5600G
i7 10700
i7 11700

As far as integrated graphics go Ryzen 5700G/5600G will hold higher settings/fps across more titles than the newer integrated included in the 12th gen Intel. What is your budget and resolution/settings expectations?

all of them matters, if you're aiming for APU, go with the latest apu like 5600g, 5700g. they perform the best class in apu compared to 3400g and 2400g, plus 5600g and 5700g could run at 3600mhz-4000mhz ram at 1:1 config, which is pretty beneficial for the apu performance. Go with 3400G if you're on a really really tight budget and grab a 3200mhz ram kit (if could, with tighter cas latency at CL14). So that's from me, APU Performance always depends on the APU generation, and the ram speed. avoid A series APU bcs they're not worth it.

Last edited:
Solution

larkspur

Distinguished
And also can you recommend me a good processor except Ryzen cause I always seen them everywhere, I want to see the other's APU (Such A-Series or Athlon). Thanks for reading.
You want either a Ryzen 5600g or a Ryzen 5700g whichever you can afford. The 5600g has a 6 core CPU and a 7 CU iGPU - pretty good. The 5700g has an 8 core CPU and 8 CU iGPU - better these days. The integrated graphics perform similarly with the 5700g having slightly better graphics (The 5600g performs around 95% as well as the 5700g in most games).

Those are the best performing APUs available - no other APU is worth considering for gaming. Even with one of those, you will be limited to 720p or 1080p at best with low settings in modern games. Older games (like 5+ years old) should run a little better but all available integrated graphics are weak compared to proper gaming dedicated GPUs. See this: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-5600g-review

Since an APU uses system memory (RAM) for its video memory (vRAM) you want to get good fast system memory. Make sure you get a minimum of DDR4 3200 but you should probably look for DDR4 3600 since it is usually only $5 or $10 more for 16gb.