Question What is more important for streaming, CPU or GPU ?

Any computer with basic gaming capacity will do the job.

You should consider an Internet connection with good speed too.
That does it? I thought for encoding CPU becomes more important but with these new CPU with E cores and many GPU also having same features to encode is what is bringing the confusion. So what performs better CPu/GPU encoding?

That does it? I thought for encoding CPU becomes more important but with these new CPU with E cores and many GPU also having same features to encode is what is bringing the confusion. So what performs better CPu/GPU encoding?
What is the video equipment the church has?
If we are talking about simple 1080p HD video you can buy any modern intel CPU that has an iGPU, even a pentium, and the iGPU will be more than enough to capture that and turn it into an x264 stream, actually it doesn't even turn it into that it just captures it like that in the first place.
It's called quicksync and has been a part of intel iGPUs for the whole lineup since haswell.
You can also use nvidia and AMD GPUs for that (or even one of intel's new ARC GPUs) but an extra GPU is extra cost for no reason.

CPU encoding is something that some crazy people do for max quality while playing games with very fast movements where the iGPU method might introduce a little bit of pixelization if you don't use a high enough bitrate, you won't need that for church events.

Reactions: General Kenobi
What is the video equipment the church has?
If we are talking about simple 1080p HD video you can buy any modern intel CPU that has an iGPU, even a pentium, and the iGPU will be more than enough to capture that and turn it into an x264 stream, actually it doesn't even turn it into that it just captures it like that in the first place.
It's called quicksync and has been a part of intel iGPUs for the whole lineup since haswell.
You can also use nvidia and AMD GPUs for that (or even one of intel's new ARC GPUs) but an extra GPU is extra cost for no reason.

CPU encoding is something that some crazy people do for max quality while playing games with very fast movements where the iGPU method might introduce a little bit of pixelization if you don't use a high enough bitrate, you won't need that for church events.
Yes it's 1080p for now but a system that can handle 4k would be good aswell. So any modern CPU is good right? So the latest i5 will do the job is there any benefit going to i7 then?

Yes it's 1080p for now but a system that can handle 4k would be good aswell. So any modern CPU is good right? So the latest i5 will do the job is there any benefit going to i7 then?
Intel CPUs that have an F at the end don't have any iGPU so they won't work.
i5 will be more than enough and i7 will be overkill, but it depends what else this PC is going to be used for.
The iGPUs mostly are the same and there won't be any difference for streaming.