Question WHat MB to OC an i5-8600k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi, so I just adquired a new brand i5-8600k along with 16GB of 3000mhz RAM and by mistake I bought a Gigabyte z370m DS3H and it doesn't work for OCing so I'm returning it to buy a new one on Amazon (its easy for me if it's on Amazon) but I don't know what MB should I get, I want to OC to 4.3ghz or so but in the future I pretend to OC it to 4.7-4.8 (depending on the games) so what MB do you reccomend me for 100-130$ (I mean, in euros)?

Thanks, I'll use it on an Evo 212 Black Edition!

Darkbreeze

Titan

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Uhm for 136€ that MOBO is really good, right? I think I'll get that, one more question if you don't mind:

What about the Asus z370 Prime P II? If u had to choose one, what would you choose? Both mobos are at the same prime.

Darkbreeze

Titan
What ACTUAL country are you in, and which Amazon are you looking at, so I can look at options that are relevant to you? Currently I'm looking at the Deutschland PCPP because it's main version that shows Euros, but obviously that might not be the best option for you.

Reactions: khrystiano

Darkbreeze

Titan
At 130 Euros or less, this is the board in your region that I would recommend. Should have good overclocking potential for the 8th gen i5, and supports that i5, plus it will have slightly better VRM configuration than the comparable Z370-A Pro, AND will have native USB 3.1 Gen 2 support which is only supported by 3rd party controllers on the Z370 model.

https://www.amazon.es/MSI-Z390-PRO-Placa-PCI/dp/B07HSCY9R3/ref=sr_1_14?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=Z390+motherboard&qid=1555448842&s=gateway&sr=8-14

Reactions: khrystiano
Status
Not open for further replies.