[SOLVED] what mechcanical keyboard should i buy

dragon25432

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
i got a g402 Logitch Mouse and it have an amazing response time that beats my old k552 mechanical keyboard i decide to sell it and get more responsive keyboard so i am looking for a keyboard that matches my g402 response how can i tell that a specific keyboard would match my mouse response time / i got a 144hz monitor so i already have 14ms delay on it so anything equal 14ms would do the trick
i am playing fortnite so its super important to have a mouse and keyboard that have the same response time

Solution
The price differences will come down to build design of the board itself (like being all aluminum or plastic) and features like programmable buttons and stuff along with things like RGB and crap.

Honestly a Corsair K series board for about $50 is just fine.

I currently use the Corsair Vengeance K70 (mainly cuz I got it for $20 second hand) and I am satisfied with it for sure. The CherryMX Red switches are nice and I've gotten used to them (used to use Brown switches on a Logitech G710+ before) and it's all metal body is nice for longevity and durability.

If you don't care about a number pad, then get this one for $50

Otherwise, you can look at this list, and use the filters on the left to...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
it's not about that. When it comes to mechanical keyboards, you have to try out the different switches to know what feels best for you.

All CherryMX keyboards will have input latency that is exactly the same, what changes is how far down you have to press the key before it registers a press as well as how much force is required to press down the key, that is where the different key switch types differ (i.e. CherryMX Red, Brown, Blue, etc.)

And then there's other types of mechanical switches out there that some people prefer such as Greetech, Kailh, Romer-G, etc.

Some are softer and quieter, and others are clicky and tactile.

So it really all comes down to preference, but for me personally I prefer either CherryMX Red or Brown switches.

dragon25432

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
it's not about that. When it comes to mechanical keyboards, you have to try out the different switches to know what feels best for you.

All CherryMX keyboards will have input latency that is exactly the same, what changes is how far down you have to press the key before it registers a press as well as how much force is required to press down the key, that is where the different key switch types differ (i.e. CherryMX Red, Brown, Blue, etc.)

And then there's other types of mechanical switches out there that some people prefer such as Greetech, Kailh, Romer-G, etc.

Some are softer and quieter, and others are clicky and tactile.

So it really all comes down to preference, but for me personally I prefer either CherryMX Red or Brown switches.
thanks for this info
but i dont really care if they keyboard is quite or loud or clicky or tactile / all matters to me is response time / my k552 is a mechanical keyboard with blue switch but its not cherry mx i am really looking at hyperx alloy fps its red switches
but the question would be / why there is a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx red that cost 50$ and another cost 150$ is it about the design and being quite or loud and the brand ? so what u mean is a 50$ equal 150$ on the term of response time ?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
The price differences will come down to build design of the board itself (like being all aluminum or plastic) and features like programmable buttons and stuff along with things like RGB and crap.

Honestly a Corsair K series board for about $50 is just fine.

I currently use the Corsair Vengeance K70 (mainly cuz I got it for $20 second hand) and I am satisfied with it for sure. The CherryMX Red switches are nice and I've gotten used to them (used to use Brown switches on a Logitech G710+ before) and it's all metal body is nice for longevity and durability.

If you don't care about a number pad, then get this one for $50

Otherwise, you can look at this list, and use the filters on the left to narrow things down to what you would like in your keyboard for features and stuff.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#s=4&sort=price&page=1

This is assuming you live in America though.
Links will have to be different for other countries.

Reactions: dragon25432
Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

Glorious mech kB. Is best. Modular and user repairable. You can choose whatever type of switches you want on a key by key basis even