Question What memory should i buy in a good price ?

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
i want to buy a ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 3200mhz but i dont know if to buy this or another one but of 3000mhz its for a ryzen cpu , 5 1600 and many people said different things about it , i want a sharp answer, thanks

DeadnightWarrior

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
blogofthunder.eu
I'll just tell you this:
For my Ryzen 5 2400G paired with a mid range B350 motherboard, I initially bought a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws 4 rated at 3200 MT/s: bad mistake, it's an old model and for the life of me, I couldn't get past 2800 MT/s.
So I sold them and bought a pair of TridentZ: they worked fine for some months then one of the modules miserably failed and I had to send them back.

What I have now is 16Gb kit of Patriot Viper 4 3200 and so far I'm really happy about it: rock solid, no frills, no hacks, they just worked right away.
So that's my recommendation.

Reactions: phoonon

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
I'll just tell you this:
For my Ryzen 5 2400G paired with a mid range B350 motherboard, I initially bought a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws 4 rated at 3200 MT/s: bad mistake, it's an old model and for the life of me, I couldn't get past 2800 MT/s.
So I sold them and bought a pair of TridentZ: they worked fine for some months then one of the modules miserably failed and I had to send them back.

What I have now is 16Gb kit of Patriot Viper 4 3200 and so far I'm really happy about it: rock solid, no frills, no hacks, they just worked right away.
So that's my recommendation.
so , do you think it will work as yours?? my r 5 1600 will it work fine with those?

DeadnightWarrior

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
blogofthunder.eu
so , do you think it will work as yours?? my r 5 1600 will it work fine with those?
It really depends on the motherboard: a B450 chipset will handle high ram speeds way better than a B350 for example. A dirt cheap motherboard could have issues compared to a more expensive one with the same chipset and so on.
However you should check the memory compatibilty list on your motherboard's manufacturer website to be absolutely sure the ram will work fine. The Patriot kit I mentioned was indeed in that list for my own mainboard, which is a Gigabyte AB-350 Gaming.

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
The mb i want is an asus rog strix b350-f gaming andin what page could i see the compatibility
It really depends on the motherboard: a B450 chipset will handle high ram speeds way better than a B350 for example. A dirt cheap motherboard could have issues compared to a more expensive one with the same chipset and so on.
However you should check the memory compatibilty list on your motherboard's manufacturer website to be absolutely sure the ram will work fine. The Patriot kit I mentioned was indeed in that list for my own mainboard, which is a Gigabyte AB-350 Gaming.
he mb i want is an asus rog strix b350-f gaming and in what page could i see the compatibility?