Question what memory should i buy?

Aug 10, 2020
So guys ... I bought a kit with processor, motherboard and memory recently (r5 3600x; b450m steel legend; 8gb 3000mhz spectrix d60g) and now I want to buy another 8 gb of ram, however, I'm afraid to make a mistake, because in my case, I overclocked that memory up to 3333mhz cl 16 (3000mhz cl 16-20-20 stock). I think it could go much further, but for some reason a recent bios limited the voltage of the rams to 1.4v.

my question is:

To make my life easier, I don't want to buy the same 3000mhz stick and risk not being able to overclock it to 3333 too, so I would like to know if I buy the same ram model (adata spectrix d60g), but this time 3200 mhz stock, make it possible for me to have a better margin of error and be able to overclock this from 3200 to 3333 easier

I know it is very difficult to answer this, because the manufacturer may have used the same 3000mhz chip and "overclocked" it and sold it as 3200, however any help is welcome.

Lutfij

Titan
Anything that is above DDR4-2133MHz s an overclock so essentially even going to DDR4-2666MHz is also an overclock. If you're getting a DDR4-3600MHz ram kit, that'll be overclocked as well after you drop it in your rig and then apply settings in BIOS.

What you should do is make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You're better off buying the kit that you need. Also, don't mix and match, work with kits that are paired from the factory. I'd ask you to look at DDR-3600MHz ram kits.

Aug 10, 2020
Anything that is above DDR4-2133MHz s an overclock so essentially even going to DDR4-2666MHz is also an overclock. If you're getting a DDR4-3600MHz ram kit, that'll be overclocked as well after you drop it in your rig and then apply settings in BIOS.

What you should do is make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. You're better off buying the kit that you need. Also, don't mix and match, work with kits that are paired from the factory. I'd ask you to look at DDR-3600MHz ram kits.
i cant buy a 16 kit ram by now :(
If I buy a 8gb 3200 mhz stick to match with the another one that I already have, it will run at 3000mhz because of the slower ram or i'll be able to overclock them both? I know that using two identical modules is recommended but unfortunately.........
I just wanna know if the values that I put in bios will work for both sticks (even having different speeds) or i'll be unable to overclock (like just decrease the speed of both to 3000).

Last edited: