what mid range graphics card to get

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
hello! i was going to get a refurbished rx 480 but the etherium miners are buying them out and i cant afford one anymore so is there a used or new gpu that i can get instead or should i just wait it out and i have a gtx 660 currently and i have i5 4690k and 8 gigs of ram with a 600 watt psu, thank you for your time!

Solution
If you want an upgrade quickly, I recommend you buy a 1050 ti as it will be a fairly big upgrade from your current setup, will run most modern games very well and theyve been affected by the Crypto-currency craze the least. Every card more powerful than it, including older cards, is being snatched up for mining and will be way too overpriced.

If you want to upgrade quickly, grab yourself a 1050ti.
If you want something more powerful, you definitely should wait for the demand to die down, which could take a few months to half a year .

Hope this helps, good luck.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
If you want an upgrade quickly, I recommend you buy a 1050 ti as it will be a fairly big upgrade from your current setup, will run most modern games very well and theyve been affected by the Crypto-currency craze the least. Every card more powerful than it, including older cards, is being snatched up for mining and will be way too overpriced.

If you want to upgrade quickly, grab yourself a 1050ti.
If you want something more powerful, you definitely should wait for the demand to die down, which could take a few months to half a year .

Hope this helps, good luck.

Solution