Question What might be the issue ? Is it a short ?

Nate045

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Hello, I have a 1050ti that suddenly stopped working out of blue one morning. Whenever I plug it in motherboard, the CPU fan spins for a split second and stops, pc does not boot up and GPU fans do no start spinning at all. I narrowed it down to be the GPU issue since pc works fine when I plug in my old GT 730 or when I don't use any card at all. Does anyone know what might be the issue with 1050ti and if it's fixable ? It's out of warranty. I also opened up the card and could not see any visible damage on board.

Nate045

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
i think the problem is with your psu .try changing the psu and turning on the pc
I forgot to add but I got a new cheap PSU of 230volts and 450 watts (same specs as was being used before) as well thinking it was a PSU issue before. Same results. I also have a old spare computer and it also gives same result when I plug in the GPU.

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
I am sorry but I don't know what it means so likely no
Don't worry about the "surge-protected plug socket", 90% of the time you only have those in a bathroom. It's the plug with the two buttons.
Anyways, -these- are surge protectors. To tell the difference between a surge protector and a regular power strip is that surge protectors will have a rating, in Joules, of energy showing the maximum voltage the protector can handle from a power spike. You can find those numbers on the box or strip itself. If there are no numbers listed, it is just a power strip. The keyword you're looking for is Joules. A surge protector guards against the damage that sudden power surges can cause, stopping things from frying out.

If your PC is not turning on with the GPU plugged in then the GPU is not getting power or not enough power. Make sure all the PCIe slots (6/8pins) on the card is plugged in from your power supply. Also make sure the monitor is directly connected to the display ports of your graphic card, not the motherboard's
What does the LED code stay on (located on the motherboard) when you turn on your PC?
The best thing to cover everything is to get a better PSU with a Gold efficiency rating.