Question What mobo is this?

Pentium4User

Respectable
Jun 17, 2016
Hi I want to know what mobo this is in the picture on my Google drive... And if possible the max upgradeable specs this mobo can handle.
Drive : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1eQwmYQU54hjNbBcVt56a6GSnLuanVlsa. Download the pic for a clearer view

Thanks

Keran
It is the same as the guy said above and here https://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Support/EN/Motherboard/P4M890T-M -LL-V1-DO-0-RR-/Socket 775 -LL-Intel-RR- a link to the ECS website with the max ram (4gb ddr2) and cpu compatible with it.

kerangovender

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I don't see any a SATA connectors at all on my mobo it's all IDE ( I'm talking about the biggest part of the connector on the hdd...is there some cable to convert ide to SATA and I can use those 2 ports on the side?

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
How do I connect power to the drive? Or is it for data transfer? ( The bigger connector on a HDD)
The smaller connector is data transfer and runs to the SATA port on the MOBO. The larger connector is SATA power, which is a cable that runs from the PSU. Very old PSUs will not have this cable, and may need an adapter.

You have two SATA headers and it's been my experience that IDEs using the SATA Adapters don't seem to last all that long. I wouldn't spend too much on this motherboard it is very old. I'd save up and get something more current in the LGA 1151 or AM4 variety .

tylerd120

Prominent
Mar 25, 2018
Your mobo should support anywhere up to a q6600. Anything above that, and the fact that the fsb is limited to 1066 will give you severe diminishing returns. Max ran is probably 4gb because of there only being 2 ddr2 dimm slots

tylerd120

Prominent
Mar 25, 2018
q6600 is not officialy supported, would probably work the same anyway, because nearly identicle core 2 duos are supported. If you dont want to risk it, just get a nice c2d

kerangovender

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
q6600 is not officialy supported, would probably work the same anyway, because nearly identicle core 2 duos are supported. If you dont want to risk it, just get a nice c2d
Basically I found that mobo in an old computer that I found and nobody was using it so I took it and only have the motherboard and a Pentium d in the lga775 socket that I plan to upgrade to a core 2 that you mentioned above. I have 1.5 gb ram sticks lying around and some hard drives with windows xp. So what I need is a PSU ( I have 2 from old PCs I took apart)Those PSUs are in ok condition and has quite a lot of ide connectors so I'm wondering if someone can tell me how to get sata power, and a case because the case wasn't in good condition. In theory it should work or am I missing anything?

Last edited:

tylerd120

Prominent
Mar 25, 2018
Get a molex to sata adapter. They are like 3 bucks online. If you can get some more ram, you could download windows 10 from microsoft. Keys are like 3 bucks from ebay. besides that you should be all set.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS