[SOLVED] what mobo should i buy for the ryzen 3600

Solution
also, is the b550 worth it, or should i go for the b450?
B550 has out of the box support for 3rd gen ryzen.Not that B450 boards dont have it,but ussually the lower end ones dont.B550 has PCI 4.0 which means more bandwidth for your graphics card and m.2 nmve's.B550 Tomahawk has good VRM's,solid overclocking support and its just newer.Also has a similar price tag as the b450 tomahawk max currently.
also, is the b550 worth it, or should i go for the b450?
B550 has out of the box support for 3rd gen ryzen.Not that B450 boards dont have it,but ussually the lower end ones dont.B550 has PCI 4.0 which means more bandwidth for your graphics card and m.2 nmve's.B550 Tomahawk has good VRM's,solid overclocking support and its just newer.Also has a similar price tag as the b450 tomahawk max currently.

Solution
Apr 13, 2020
idk if this matters but ill prob buy a 2060 or any gpu from 300-400 max 500. If anybody has any gpu recommendations that would help too.

First off, I have a ryzen 5 3600x, and I got a deal on an x470 gaming plus and it works great. I would say $115-$135 is the sweet spot for the board you want. I would say a mid range b450 or b550, and something that has 4 ram slots. MSI makes solid boards. Something like a gaming plus max or tomahawk max.

also for GPU: I would wait until the 3060 launches in late February and see if you can snag one. I'm guessing since nvidia has learned from their mistakes, you may be able to get a card off launch, as long as you are sitting at your pc at the time of launch. I heard the 3070 launch didn't sell out for a couple of hours, so hopefully that is the case for the 3060.

logainofhades

Titan
All depends on what you need, if you dont fancy crazy amounts of USB and you want a solid B550, the B550 Pro4 is a excelent choice even if you overclock , if you fancy more features,any of the above is pretty good, but then again all depends on the money you want to alocate to the mobo.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have a 3600x and a 3700x system and both have a b450 aorus pro mobo. worked right out of the box and has all the features i need. think i paid $119 for each of them and find it to be a heck of a mobo for the money.

it's a bit cheaper than the aorus elite suggested above and would work great for a 3600. i can recommend it completely based on personal experience :)

logainofhades

Titan
All depends on what you need, if you dont fancy crazy amounts of USB and you want a solid B550, the B550 Pro4 is a excelent choice even if you overclock , if you fancy more features,any of the above is pretty good, but then again all depends on the money you want to alocate to the mobo.

It's an ok, board, but I wouldn't overclock, or put anything above a 5800x in it.

logainofhades

Titan
i have a 3600x and a 3700x system and both have a b450 aorus pro mobo. worked right out of the box and has all the features i need. think i paid $119 for each of them and find it to be a heck of a mobo for the money.

it's a bit cheaper than the aorus elite suggested above and would work great for a 3600. i can recommend it completely based on personal experience :)

That is a good board too, but B550 are better quality built, generally, and also you get PCI-E 4.0 for the first M.2 slot, and all chipset run slots are 3.0, instead of 2.0.