[SOLVED] What MOBO should I pick for this setup?

BD9a

Commendable
Nov 4, 2019
Hello. Im thinking about upgrading my PC and I have problem with MOBO.

Current setup that will be replaced:
PSU: Silentiumpc vero m1
Mobo: Tomahawk b350
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Final setup (I guess):
PSU will be the same (I hope 600W will handle it)
Mobo: To be honest I dont know what to pick. "Something" that looks cool and has B550 chipset ("looks cool" argument is weird so please give me anything good here)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: 3060ti / 3070 (I dont know if 10% performance is worth 1k pln in my case,)
I also want to get additional 1TB SSD, if the NVME / PCI-e will have same price then why not to pick it over SATA.

TLDR; What mobo to pick for this setup? As I said, only one argument in my case is "looks cool", I dont know what good mobo has to have.

Solution
Yeah, thats why I said it's not good argument to pick mobo. Just looking for something good with B550. Current target is B550 Tomahawk.

Final setup (I guess):
Mobo: To be honest I dont know what to pick. "Something" that looks cool and has B550 chipset ("looks cool" argument is weird so please give me anything good here)
I also want to get additional 1TB SSD, if the NVME / PCI-e will have same price then why not to pick it over SATA.

TLDR; What mobo to pick for this setup? As I said, only one argument in my case is "looks cool", I dont know what good mobo has to have.
"Cool looks" can mean many things to many people. To me cool MB is one with many connectors for instance.

BD9a

Commendable
Nov 4, 2019
Yeah, thats why I said it's not good argument to pick mobo. Just looking for something good with B550. Current target is B550 Tomahawk.

Solution

Final setup (I guess):

Asus TUF B550 Gaming Plus looks pretty cool...but more important is more than capable of handling a 5600X. But seriously, pretty much any B550 is more than capable of handling a 5600X. If the only criteria is 'looks' just scan down the pictures in this list and pick your favorite:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&f=2&c=145&sort=-price&page=1

Be aware, though, that you can't count on any B550 working with your 1600 CPU so you'll need both the board and the 5600X on hand to get going in the new system.

Last edited:
Asus TUF B550 Gaming Plus looks pretty cool...but more important is more than capable of handling a 5600X. But seriously, pretty much any B550 is more than capable of handling a 5600X. If the only criteria is 'looks' just scan down the pictures in this list and pick your favorite:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&f=2&c=145&sort=-price&page=1

Be aware, though, that you can't count on any B550 working with your 1600 CPU so you'll need both the board and the 5600X on hand to get going in the new system.

Pretty much any B550 is capable of handling a 5600X, but if you are going 12+ cores perhaps you want to look take more into consideration.
I have my B550 M Steel Legend with a 12 core, running pretty much all day and super stable, never had any issues, the VRMs barely warm to touch. The mobo didn't cost too much and has good features as well RGB.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Final setup (I guess):

What looks cool to you might look like crap to somebody else so up to you we have no clue what you like.