[SOLVED] What monitor is good for the 1050 TI

Jun 6, 2021
I am new to computers and am probably gonna buy a new PC with a 1050 TI (My dad doesn't want something to expensive, but is willing to upgrade in a year or so).

What size and refresh rate should I go for.... I am on a budget so nothing to expensive

Thank you in advance!

Solution
I am new to computers and am probably gonna buy a new PC with a 1050 TI (My dad doesn't want something to expensive, but is willing to upgrade in a year or so).

What size and refresh rate should I go for.... I am on a budget so nothing to expensive

Thank you in advance!

Knowing the GPU does not help in recommending a monitor. We need to know the rest of the PC specs. Max FPS is determined by the CPU and the visual quality of those FPS from the GPU.

Generally I would start by thinking of what games I want to play, what resolution I am satisfied with and at what refresh rate.

Usually the monitor outlasts a couple of gpus so if you buy a better monitor than what your GPU can handle, is not a bad thing as you can always use it...

Thank you in advance!

Knowing the GPU does not help in recommending a monitor. We need to know the rest of the PC specs. Max FPS is determined by the CPU and the visual quality of those FPS from the GPU.

Generally I would start by thinking of what games I want to play, what resolution I am satisfied with and at what refresh rate.

Usually the monitor outlasts a couple of gpus so if you buy a better monitor than what your GPU can handle, is not a bad thing as you can always use it at a lower resolution/refresh rate.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

Endre

Reputable

Thank you in advance!

That depends on what you want to do with it.

Since I’m no gamer, I use my GTX 1050 Ti with a 27”, 4K (3840x2160p), 60Hz, 14ms, 10-bit color depth, ViewSonic VP2768-4K monitor.
Media content looks gorgeous on 4K monitors (there are cheap alternatives to the ViewSonic that I’ve mentioned).

If you’re a gamer, you might want to buy a monitor with a lower resolution (1080p, 1440p) and higher refresh rate (120/144/165 Hz) and lower response time (1-3 ms).

Screen technology is important too!
The 3 main technologies are:
  1. TN (bad contrast, bad colors, bad viewing angles, but cheap).
  2. VA (good contrast / weak colors).
  3. IPS (best colors & viewing angles, but a bit more expensive).

The size of the screen (19”, 24”, 27”, 32” etc.) should be determined by your viewing distance and your budget 😉

Reactions: Krotow
Jun 6, 2021

Usually the monitor outlasts a couple of gpus so if you buy a better monitor than what your GPU can handle, is not a bad thing as you can always use it at a lower resolution/refresh rate.
Thanks for the answer. It's an i5-10040f... I'm fine with minimum 60 fps. Gonna play stuff like CS:GO and Genshin Impact which both can be played with a mixture of settings

TRENDING THREADS