What monitor should I get for my setup?

JayChaos

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
So I have been looking to get a gaming pc and I'm going to be spending a lot on it and so I want a great monitor to go with it. I have been looking around and I just can't choose one. But basically what I need is one that has display port for the gpu on my gaming pc. And then at least 1 HDMI for games consoles etc. Only really looking for a 24 inch. If there aren't any or many with display port then dvi will be just as good as I don't plan for 3D or 4K. Also built in speakers would be nice to have. Please someone help my dilemma thanks :)

Solution
I posted this in a similar monitor thread the other day. I'm no expert, but here are my thoughts...

When I bought my monitor last year, I had a few requirements: 24", IPS, 1080 (or higher), height adjustment, and reputable company. Ended up with Dell U2412M which currently costs $250 at newegg. (I paid about $300). Nice thing is it has 1200 resolution. Still LOVE my monitor.

In any case, based on MY requirements now on Newegg... everything is around $250. If you're willing to drop down to a 23.8" or 23", there's a few ASUS and LG monitors for around $200 or less. If you're willing to give up height adjustment (which I refuse to do) you can get down to $150ish.

Can't tell people what to spend, but monitors are one of those products I...

JayChaos

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
At the moment not really a budget but prefer to be below 200 but could go 300 I don't really have one arm as I said but yeah below 200 if there are any decent ones if not then between 200 and 300

Snookslayer

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
I posted this in a similar monitor thread the other day. I'm no expert, but here are my thoughts...

When I bought my monitor last year, I had a few requirements: 24", IPS, 1080 (or higher), height adjustment, and reputable company. Ended up with Dell U2412M which currently costs $250 at newegg. (I paid about $300). Nice thing is it has 1200 resolution. Still LOVE my monitor.

In any case, based on MY requirements now on Newegg... everything is around $250. If you're willing to drop down to a 23.8" or 23", there's a few ASUS and LG monitors for around $200 or less. If you're willing to give up height adjustment (which I refuse to do) you can get down to $150ish.

Can't tell people what to spend, but monitors are one of those products I think is worth splurging just a bit. You're probably stuck with it for a few years and it makes a huge impact on your overall experience.

Solution