What monitor size and resolution is useful for reading pdf/word in vertical/portrait mode and central monitor positioning?

mystvearn

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
Hi,

I have 2x27 U dell monitors (u2715H and U2713HM) at 1440p resolution in dual monitor setup for work. I sometimes need to read pdfs in one full page to see the entire paragraph. I noticed that while I can read the documents, the monitor is a bit too high. Or maybe the original stand is short as the monitor cannot be fully vertical but slanted (on the u2713hm) slightly. The other monitor is fine at vertical mode. Is this the best monitor for reading pdfs vertical position? Or should I get something smaller with a lower resolution of 1080p?

Second question. In the dual monitor setup, both monitors are at angle to me so nothing is facing me directly. I just swivel the work chair slightly left/right to view whichever monitor. My central vision is the bezel. I am thinking of adding another monitor so that I can get a central view monitor flanked by 2 monitors on either side. However, I am not sure if my 5 foot long table will accommodate all 3x 27" monitors with the included stand. Anyone with 3x27"setup using the included stand or using a dedicated triple monitor stand?

Solution
I run three "26inch" monitors. I think they are 25.x, I don't really remember. I leave them normal, not landscape. I couldn't fit a bigger desk in my place at the time so I bought a mount for my desk. I highly suggest doing it. I went on amazon and found one that would hold 3 monitors of that size and it "clips" to the desk. You lose up and down articulation, but that hasn't really bothered me. I have not looked back on running that many monitors at once. Productivity is simply so much easier. I also have my TV hooked up to it, though the TV is mounted on the wall. My blu ray player is in my PC and I run movies though it. Audio is handled via optical cable to my receiver, so I can actually play a game with headphones while...

4745454b

Titan
I run three "26inch" monitors. I think they are 25.x, I don't really remember. I leave them normal, not landscape. I couldn't fit a bigger desk in my place at the time so I bought a mount for my desk. I highly suggest doing it. I went on amazon and found one that would hold 3 monitors of that size and it "clips" to the desk. You lose up and down articulation, but that hasn't really bothered me. I have not looked back on running that many monitors at once. Productivity is simply so much easier. I also have my TV hooked up to it, though the TV is mounted on the wall. My blu ray player is in my PC and I run movies though it. Audio is handled via optical cable to my receiver, so I can actually play a game with headphones while the Mrs. watches a movie at the same time. If you have the money and space it's a no brainer for me.

I don't understand your first question. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Solution
for us people with bad eye site windows now will let you change the image size in windows 10 under ease of accesses. it nice on a 1900 or higher monitor to have the icon and text larger then normal to be able to read it. you can also use newer window tablets and small form factor laptops and drag and drop files to them now with the newest version of windows 10.

mystvearn

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

I appreciate that for windows, however increasing the text means I can see less of the paragraph and I need to scroll more

mystvearn

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

For the 1st question. I read academic journals which are in pdf format. In printed format it is fine, when it is just in landscape and full screen, you only see part of the text and need to scroll a lot

TRENDING THREADS