What monitor to buy?

Steven 7904

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Hey y'all so my system is:
1700X
Msi x370 titanium
2X msi gtx 1080 in SLI

If i want to play games in ultra settings which monitor to buy?
2k 144hz/4k 60hz?

Solution
If you play lots of games you're probably going to want the faster refresh rate. Also if you want to play Ultra/Max settings on all games not even the 1080 Ti can keep up the perfect 60fps Ultra settings at 4k on games like Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I'd go with 2k at this point in time. Do you already have an 1080p or higher 144hz monitor? If so i might just wait until 4k is cheaper.

nvincent_08

Reputable
2k 144hz if you want to play games with a lot of fast movement like fps, 4k 60hz if you want to get really sharp image, btw if you want to spend more money, there is some 144 hz 4k, and if im not wrong even 165hz, but they still hasnt been sold yet, just wait for a while if you probably wants to

The_T600

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
If you play lots of games you're probably going to want the faster refresh rate. Also if you want to play Ultra/Max settings on all games not even the 1080 Ti can keep up the perfect 60fps Ultra settings at 4k on games like Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I'd go with 2k at this point in time. Do you already have an 1080p or higher 144hz monitor? If so i might just wait until 4k is cheaper.

Solution

nvincent_08

Reputable

just because playing a lot of games doesn't mean high refresh rate always an option, some people choose sharper image rather than faster refresh rate, some were the opposite, but 4k also have benefits in multi tasking, as it has much more pixels than 2k. ghost recon could probably run on single 1080 pretty well, not 60 fps but nearly, but he has 2x of them running in sli so it should run better, however i heard a lot of people say sli scaling under like 2k is pretty bad, it is also such a waste if someone having sli 1080 but playing at such low resolution, it also a waste if 1 of the graphics card were not used/utilized though

TRENDING THREADS