jasonsgiants

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
So ive decided to buy a brand spanking new monitor to get rid of this chunky one.

Ive had a few hours looking on websites and such and have come across one particular monitor the Viewsonic VX2235wm..http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2235wm/

However, im sure there are plenty of other monitors out there that are slightly better for around the same or below this price range, i found the viewsonic monitor cheapest at £299.

I would particulary like a widescreen monitor that provides two applications...so for instance i can watch a movie whilst looking on the internet. I also would like a monitor that has good response time as i enjoy playing computer games in my spare time.

Taking this all on board i would just like to ask if anyone has come across a very good lcd monitor with the specifications i just gave, that being good for games and widescreen so i can process two applications simultaneously.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jason

Kurosen

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
I too am in the market for a good LCD (widescreen) monitor... it seems kind of hard to get a good feel of what is good whats not, as most sites seem to like to cherry pick the monitors they review...

I've heard mostly good things about viewsonics monitors, except that maybe their backlighting could be a bit strong, or the colors might not be as "rich" as some other monitors.

I've also heard a lot of good things about BenQ's 20" widescreen, as its generally priced under 300, and seems to do a spectacular job. But i also hear that dell monitors are some of the best around.

Its a pretty confusing market right now it seems, I know tho, people tend to put a lit of weight of responce time, when really in the end it doesnt have as much of an effect as one might think. x_X

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
At the moment you wont get any better than the VX2235wm, it seems all the other manufacturers are playing catch up. Besides that one is 22” all the others will be 20.1” at that price, it’s kind of a no brainer.

ifOnly

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
It's always interesting to brose the comments and user reviews at Widescreen gaming forum (user reviews are accessed via the top of that page). There's also lots of hints there for getting games to run at widescreen resolutions.

It's not a widescreen but Samsung's new 931C looks very interesting. Apparently it has exceptional colour handling and a quoted sub 2ms response time. I mention this as there may be a widescreen variant (I've not checked), so you may want to spend a few minutes poking around their website.

Enjoy

Rhys