Question what monitor to get

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all I’m looking to get another monitor I currently have a Samsung U28E590D 28" Ultra HD 4K (3840x2160) 60Hz LED AMD FreeSync 1MS (GTG) Monitor and I’m in productivity and video editing and I find there’s not much space on my screen. Do I go dual setup or ultrawide?I do game aswell and I’m happy playing on my current display but for work I’m struggling. Should I get another monitor like my current one or maybe get an Ultrawide the problem is I don’t like the line which separates the dual monitors but yet I don’t no about the ultra wide either.

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
I read this post before, like yesterday...I think.

I have an ultra-wide for gaming...it helps with immersion...especially if you sit comfortably close to the thing...

But then, for your situation, what are you gonna do, throw away a perfectly good Samsung?

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
34" 2560x1080 144Hz + good motion blur reduction and good color (IPS)
my system is in my signature below, but no pictures of the monitor I'm afraid...

it's really great for games, thinking about upgrading to the LG 34GK950F-B for the added pixels...

I suppose it's also OK for productivity, editors like the ultrawides, cuz it fits more of the timeline...I just haven't produced much on it...yet.

As far as dual monitors are concerned, I always recommend matching ones...

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
34" 2560x1080 144Hz + good motion blur reduction and good color (IPS)
my system is in my signature below, but no pictures of the monitor I'm afraid...

it's really great for games, thinking about upgrading to the LG 34GK950F-B for the added pixels...

I suppose it's also OK for productivity, editors like the ultrawides, cuz it fits more of the timeline...I just haven't produced much on it...yet.

As far as dual monitors are concerned, I always recommend matching ones...
I’ve never herd of a 144hz fhd monitor before let me have a look at it. They say if you have dual monitors there’s more pixels than on a ultra wide?

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
Hi all
Please can someone advise me which monitor to get. Im having such bad luck with them. Ive returned 2 LG Ultrawides this week because of screen issues and manufacturing Faults I really wanted an ultrawide but after that its taken my hopes away .I currently have a 27inch at the moment and i wanted to go for a bigger screen,for gaming and media etc.ive looked at the monitors below and i really like them and there specs are alot bigger regarding dimentions etc .Please can someone recommend one to me.the LG's i had were 2560x1080. i dont want to spend more than $450.00

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-U32J590-32-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B07CS3JGPC
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-U28H...UXEN&qid=1552063510&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
It seems like a nice 4K monitor, that refreshes at 60Hz.
I couldn't find any reviews online though, so I can't recommend it with absolute certainty.

You seem to be going back and forth between 34" ultra-wide and 16:9 4k displays @ 60Hz...What do you really want your monitor to do for you?

There's no single monitor that does everything!

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
The ultrawide i just got was faulty and it had a text going down the right hand side of the screen like a watermark so i took it back to the store and they credited me.Theres not many options with ultrawide's either LG or Predator.I personnally thought i would be blown away by an ultrawide.For gaming,Productivity,music editing and media.That 4k Monitor looks great and its nearly as big as the ultrawide while it still being in 16:9.

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
nothing wrong with that...you got your money back...that's totally allowed...

the thing about ultra-wides, for me, is that: back in the day, before they came out, you had to buy three identical monitors and set them up side by side, then use nvidia Surround or AMD eyefinity to sew the image together. Now that was a lot of work, not to mention a lot of money, but it represented the best gaming setups out there, that featured that surround picture with its inherently immersive feel. Additionally, you needed a lot of CPU and GPU horsepower, for lack of a better term, to drive all these pixels.

Ultrawides are basically that, minus the hassle.

They also work for productivity, especially music and video editing, as you can see more of the timeline...

Nothing wrong with 16:9 4K@60Hz either, or 16:10 for that matter. Just thinking out loud.

obi1kenobi

Great
Jan 13, 2019
i no exactly what you mean and back in the days the software was terrible that you needed so many adapters which didnt support some monitors.it costs alot of money thinking about it like if you buy 3 24 inch 1440p monitors you could probably get the top of the range and on top of that you have to worry about cables and mounts and space etc.ye there isnt anything wrong i guess.but tell me about your monitor has it got red on the back of yours?can you play a 1920x1080 video in perfect quality or is it blury?

davidgirgis

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
As far as I can tell, the picture is perfect...

Video plays fine, no issues to report...why would it be blurry?
Now, while playing back 1920x1080 video, which is almost all video out there, I get black bars on the left and right, naturally. Nothing wrong with that. However, when you playback cinemascope movies, it fills the entire screen, as it should, which is nice.

Mine does not have that glowy circle of LEDs in the back.

My monitor, which is approximately $600, is not the perfect fit for a lot of video and audio editing. Its resolution is still considered quite low for these type of tasks.