Question what motherboad is best for GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ?

Jul 16, 2019
I currently have h170 pro gaming motherboard but i want to upgrade since it doesnt have many usb ports and plus i think the gtx 1050 ti is big enough that wont fit in this board. i also need to buy a better computer case since the fans are too loud and its abit small for a good cooling case.

what is the best motherboard and computer case to be compatibl e with geforce gtx 1050 ti? ( btw i currently have gtx 760 which is dead, green dots everywhere)

thank you

Jul 16, 2019
Would be helpful to know all the components you have.
Also, please don't buy the 1050 ti if you haven't already. It's overpriced and struggles with most modern titles..
thank you for the reply, then whats the recommended graphic card around $250 price? and atleast 4gb of graphic card ram

my current specs
h170 pro gaming motherboard
gtx 760 ( which is dying right now) getting green dots all of sudden and its not the monitor so i guess the gpu is dying
1tb hdd, 500 ssd
cpu i7 6700
cooler master - mastercase pro 5 - 750w psu
16gb ram

all i want is a new motherboad, graphic card and maybe case

thank you

I'm gonna guess you're Australian from your name so the currency would be $250 AUD
for the gpu: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($229.00 @ Scorptec)

Your case is also pretty good already so if the fans are loud i'd suggest just getting new quiet and more powerful ones instead of replacing the whole case.
These are quite powerful and quiet: Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.69 CFM 140 mm Fan ($24.00 @ Mwave Australia)

The lack of USB ports can be fixed with one of these:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Yottamast...rds=usb+pci-e&qid=1563303793&s=gateway&sr=8-2

What's the brand and model of your psu though?

Reactions: aussie snooker
Jul 16, 2019
I'm gonna guess you're Australian from your name so the currency would be $250 AUD
for the gpu: Sapphire - Radeon RX 570 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($229.00 @ Scorptec)

Your case is also pretty good already so if the fans are loud i'd suggest just getting new quiet and more powerful ones instead of replacing the whole case.
These are quite powerful and quiet: Noctua - NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM 78.69 CFM 140 mm Fan ($24.00 @ Mwave Australia)

The lack of USB ports can be fixed with one of these:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Yottamast...rds=usb+pci-e&qid=1563303793&s=gateway&sr=8-2

What's the brand and model of your psu though?
thank you for the quick reply and yeah im australian

i have to open the case to see the psu model, not sure if it has 6 or 8 pins connector to go alon gwith the graphic card you suggested

and yeah i will stick with this case and definately the fans make noise, i also had bought 2 top fans but only 1 is connected since this motherboard didnt have another slot available for the 2nd top fans, how did u know the fans were making noise? lol

you think i should stick will this motherboad though? and will the graphic card you suggested fit with this motherboard? and is it better than nvidias?

thank you

Jul 16, 2019
I agree with Finstar here. For the headache and hassle involved, an addon USB card, better fans, and the RX 570 are a good idea, vs new board and case.
yeah i decided to buy usb card, stick with this case and buy new fans
however not sure about this graphic card and motherboard.
can you also tell me how to post a picture here? since i am new, i wanna take a screen shot and show u what happened to my current graphic card, all of sudden in middle of game crashed, and after restarting computer by itself, the monitor shows green dots everywhere, uninstalled driver, updated but i think the gpu is dead, i m buying a new gpu anyway but just wanted to know the problem

tnx for the reply

Jul 16, 2019
can you also tell me how to post a picture here? since i am new, i wanna take a screen shot and show u what happened to my current graphic card, all of sudden in middle of game crashed, and after restarting computer by itself, the monitor shows green dots everywhere, uninstalled driver, updated but i think the gpu is dead, i m buying a new gpu anyway but just wanted to know the problem

tnx for the reply
here is the pic, figured out
tnx

https://ibb.co/7pvTDhq

hope its ok to post the link here, as i clicked the insert image and pasted the link there, it says contact admin

tnx for the reply

There's no other component that can display green dots than the GPU so yeah, your old one is dead.
As for the motherboard, since the motherboards that support your cpu are getting pretty old and most as far as i know have been discontinued... The choice you'd have would be very limited and likely expensive.

If you need more fan headers, you can always buy a fan hub like this:

and will the graphic card you suggested fit with this motherboard? and is it better than nvidias?

thank you
The motherboard and case will support it. Your PSU is still a question, though if it's rated for 750W then it most definitely should have a 8 pin power connector for the RX 570.

Here's a comparison between the RX 570 and the GTX 1050 ti:
View: https://youtu.be/a6l_7PDn9Lo

Jul 16, 2019
There's no other component that can display green dots than the GPU so yeah, your old one is dead.
As for the motherboard, since the motherboards that support your cpu are getting pretty old and most as far as i know have been discontinued... The choice you'd have would be very limited and likely expensive.

If you need more fan headers, you can always buy a fan hub like this:
thank you very much
i couldnt find this fan hub in austlialian retailers as i searched now, just wanna buy an pick it up myself since i hate buying it online and waiting for delivery for weeks

i have question regarding the fan noctua nf- 14s redux 1500 pwm 78.69 cfm 140 mm fan
should i buy this one or buy 2 of 120 mm fan?
plus i am still not sure if this gpu u suggested will connect with my psu

thank you for the replies, much appreciated

thank you very much
i couldnt find this fan hub in austlialian retailers as i searched now, just wanna buy an pick it up myself since i hate buying it online and waiting for delivery for weeks

i have question regarding the fan noctua nf- 14s redux 1500 pwm 78.69 cfm 140 mm fan
should i buy this one or buy 2 of 120 mm fan?
plus i am still not sure if this gpu u suggested will connect with my psu

thank you for the replies, much appreciated

Depends on where you're putting the fans. What model are those 2 120mm fans btw?

You'll need to check your PSUs manufacturer and model so that we can tell if it'll connect.
I'm 99% sure it will.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I currently have h170 pro gaming motherboard but i want to upgrade since it doesnt have many usb ports and plus i think the gtx 1050 ti is big enough that wont fit in this board. i also need to buy a better computer case since the fans are too loud and its abit small for a good cooling case.

what is the best motherboard and computer case to be compatibl e with geforce gtx 1050 ti? ( btw i currently have gtx 760 which is dead, green dots everywhere)

thank you
You really should get an RX 570 or RX 580 they are way better and around the same price

Jul 16, 2019
Depends on where you're putting the fans. What model are those 2 120mm fans btw?

You'll need to check your PSUs manufacturer and model so that we can tell if it'll connect.
I'm 99% sure it will.
hi tnx
i opened the case and its
Antec TruePower TP750 Power Supply
btw i read a post in this form regarding green dots, some say it could be the monitor however i tried to plugin the dvi cable to use the motherboard graphic card to see if i still get the green dots, but it keeps restarting when i use the onboard graphic card, could it be something to do with motherboard? how do i know if its not my graphic card that causing green dots and its the motherboard?

thank you for your time and help

hi tnx
i opened the case and its
Antec TruePower TP750 Power Supply
btw i read a post in this form regarding green dots, some say it could be the monitor however i tried to plugin the dvi cable to use the motherboard graphic card to see if i still get the green dots, but it keeps restarting when i use the onboard graphic card, could it be something to do with motherboard? how do i know if its not my graphic card that causing green dots and its the motherboard?

thank you for your time and help

That's an old but very high quality psu, it'll support a RX 570 easily.
Did you remove the old gpu before trying the igpu?
Also make sure it's enabled in the bios.
Windows device manager should show it if it's working correctly

Jul 16, 2019
That's an old but very high quality psu, it'll support a RX 570 easily.
Did you remove the old gpu before trying the igpu?
Also make sure it's enabled in the bios.
Windows device manager should show it if it's working correctly
Thx yeah took out gpu and system keeps restarting but it only allows going to bios. Found nothing in bios to enable onboard gpu

Jul 16, 2019
Enabled igpu didn't work system keep restarting
Changed display to CPU graphic still keep restarting
Found this in this forum

Yes, it has been a very long time since the graphics were on the chipset. Intel moved graphics into the CPU around 2009. I believe AMD also did it around the same time

So does it mean this h170 pro gaming doesn't have onboard graphic but the manual says it does and it's got Dvi and vga
Ports or if not then does my CPU has graphic card

I just wanna make sure that this mb is fine before I buy the gpu u said

Tnx

Found this in this forum

Yes, it has been a very long time since the graphics were on the chipset. Intel moved graphics into the CPU around 2009. I believe AMD also did it around the same time

So does it mean this h170 pro gaming doesn't have onboard graphic but the manual says it does and it's got Dvi and vga
Ports or if not then does my CPU has graphic card

I just wanna make sure that this mb is fine before I buy the gpu u said

Tnx
Yes, gpus in motherboards have been gone for years.
The i7 6700 you have has an Intel hd graphics 530 built into it.

Jul 16, 2019
Yes, gpus in motherboards have been gone for years.
The i7 6700 you have has an Intel hd graphics 530 built into it.
thank you for the reply

i did everything to use inbuilt graphic card but pc kept restarting, enabled igpu, multi screen display in bios but kept restarting. thought disconnecting/reconnecting ssd drive, checked rams but same issue.
as soon as i put back the gtx 760 which is half dead and showing green dots, the pc still starts and i can use the windows but with lots of green dots. not sure why i cannot use inbuilt gpu.