[SOLVED] What motherboard and cpu for use with Windows Server 2016 R2 essentials

hamoo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2014
i've almost given up trying to find a m.b. using the epyc 7251, the H11DSi, a 2 processor, 16 ram configuration. according to this article, https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/56301_1.0.pdf
i want to go with the minimum configuration of one processor and 4 memory modules. i don't need overkill at an astronomical cost and waste. the recommended case is over the top as well. i don't need 18 drive bays. i don't even need one. i'm going with the fractal design meshify c, which accommodates an atx form factor for the m.b. and power supply. why can i not find a reliable one processor board that doesn't go over the top with 18 sata ports ?
i have been looking for a week now, and can't find anything other than the h11dsi.
i am not building anything using more that 120 tdw, which is the specs for the 7251. is putting down $700 for a board that is more than i need my only option, because, frankly, i wouldn't mind building a server using the 65 watt ryzen 7 2700