Question What motherboard can i use ?

Feb 18, 2020
I need to buy a motherboard that is compatible with my current ram and cpu.
The motherboard I have now is fried and I cant seem to find a replacement for my motherboard. The motherboard I currently have is an msi z270 pro gaming carbon. Cant seem to find anywhere that has stock of this.
What motherboard is compatible with an i7-7700k and crucial balistix 16gb ddr4 2400mhz ram (BLS16G4D240FSE).
I would really appreciate some help

Lutfij

Titan
You can look at another Z 270 series chipset or a B250 chipset or a Z170 series chipset. Mind you, the only boards/chipsets that will allow you to overclock are the Z170 and Z270 chipset. The Z170 will likely need a BIOS update prior to you dropping in the i7-7700K while the Z270 chipset will be good to go out-of-the-box.

How much do you have set aside for the board? Preferred site for purchase?

Might also want to state the make and model of the PSU and it's age(I'm suspecting the PSU might've killed the board, if it wasn't an AIO leak).

Feb 18, 2020
You can look at another Z 270 series chipset or a B250 chipset or a Z170 series chipset. Mind you, the only boards/chipsets that will allow you to overclock are the Z170 and Z270 chipset. The Z170 will likely need a BIOS update prior to you dropping in the i7-7700K while the Z270 chipset will be good to go out-of-the-box.

How much do you have set aside for the board? Preferred site for purchase?

Might also want to state the make and model of the PSU and it's age(I'm suspecting the PSU might've killed the board, if it wasn't an AIO leak).
Hi there thank you for the response.
Here are the full specs for my pc
Power Supply: Antec EDGE 750W Fully Modular 80+ GOLD Silent PSU
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700K Overclocked Upto 4.8GHz Each Core
Heatsink & CPU Fan: Corsair H100i V2 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON DDR4 USB 3.1 Motherboard
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz High Performance Gaming RAM
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X OC 8GB GDDR5X Card
Sound Card: Integrated 8 Channel HD Audio
Primary Hard Drive: [NVMe] 250GB M.2 SSD Upto 3200MB/s Read 1500MB/s Write

I believe the pc is around 3 years old in total.
Basically the issue I'm having is that my pc starts up with all fans on full speed, default lights in the mobo(I have a custom lighting sequence set up) and nothing connected to the USB works and the monitor stays blank. So the computer is unusable.
Basically for the first few weeks this happened I was always able to eventually get my pc to boot properly by powering it on and off a few times and then eventually it would boot normally. But not it just never leaves this state.
I'm pretty much 100 percent sure the issue is related to the motherboard.
I have checked all connections etc, even removed all components and reinstalled them. I reinstalled windows the one time the pc actually booted properly so I've done all of the basic trouble shooting possible.
I also have no access to a secondary pc I could use to try test the individual components.
The website I'd like to order off of is eshop.cy the reason being it's a local website and if the unit is in stock then I'd be able to collect it today. The situation is kind of a rush since I have a backlog of work to catch up on using my pc.
I did find a 270 motherboard on there but it doesnt seem to be compatible with my ram and they have no compatible ram in stock as far as I can tell. But being on mobile trying to research these things makes life very difficult.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Feb 18, 2020
Here are the full specs for my pc
Power Supply: Antec EDGE 750W Fully Modular 80+ GOLD Silent PSU
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700K Overclocked Upto 4.8GHz Each Core
Heatsink & CPU Fan: Corsair H100i V2 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON DDR4 USB 3.1 Motherboard
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz High Performance Gaming RAM BLS16G4D240FSE
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X OC 8GB GDDR5X Card
Sound Card: Integrated 8 Channel HD Audio
Primary Hard Drive: [NVMe] 250GB M.2 SSD Upto 3200MB/s Read 1500MB/s Write

I believe the pc is around 3 years old in total.
Basically the issue I'm having is that my pc starts up with all fans on full speed, default lights in the mobo(I have a custom lighting sequence set up) and nothing connected to the USB works and the monitor stays blank. So the computer is unusable.
Basically for the first few weeks this happened I was always able to eventually get my pc to boot properly by powering it on and off a few times and then eventually it would boot normally. But not it just never leaves this state.
I'm pretty much 100 percent sure the issue is related to the motherboard.
I have checked all connections etc, even removed all components and reinstalled them. I reinstalled windows the one time the pc actually booted properly so I've done all of the basic trouble shooting possible.
I also have no access to a secondary pc I could use to try test the individual components.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried breadboarding the system? Have you tried ruling out a faulty or failing PSU by removing the discrete GPU and only running off the iGPU?

FYI, the rams you should've invested on, should've been DDR4-3200MHz since your platform can go there. If anything, you're nearly half way there to getting a vanilla B250 chipset board.

Please don't make multiple threads of the same topic/nature/issue. Stick to one thread to get consistent suggestions.

Feb 18, 2020
Have you tried breadboarding the system? Have you tried ruling out a faulty or failing PSU by removing the discrete GPU and only running off the iGPU?

FYI, the rams you should've invested on, should've been DDR4-3200MHz since your platform can go there. If anything, you're nearly half way there to getting a vanilla B250 chipset board.

Please don't make multiple threads of the same topic/nature/issue. Stick to one thread to get consistent suggestions.
Sorry started a new thread as the question was different. My bad.
Yeah I should have bought better ram but this was 3 years ago and it was my first pc build. I was already spending alot of money on the pc and overlooked the ram in order to save money. Now in the last year I've moved country twice and money is very tight for me. It's just annoying how this whole issue came out of nowhere and between work and sleep I haven't had any time to troubleshoot until now. I have two days off for the first time in 4 months and I wont be able to play on my pc and its killing me. I just tried to boot my pc basically component with everything unplugged accept for the motherboard and ram and it's still doing the same thing. I just dont understand why in the past I could get it to boot properly after trying for a while and ow all of a sudden got 6 days I haven't been able to get one proper boot.

Feb 18, 2020
Sorry started a new thread as the question was different. My bad.
Yeah I should have bought better ram but this was 3 years ago and it was my first pc build. I was already spending alot of money on the pc and overlooked the ram in order to save money. Now in the last year I've moved country twice and money is very tight for me. It's just annoying how this whole issue came out of nowhere and between work and sleep I haven't had any time to troubleshoot until now. I have two days off for the first time in 4 months and I wont be able to play on my pc and its killing me. I just tried to boot my pc basically component with everything unplugged accept for the motherboard and ram and it's still doing the same thing. I just dont understand why in the past I could get it to boot properly after trying for a while and ow all of a sudden got 6 days I haven't been able to get one proper boot.

Also hopefully this piece of info will give you a better idea of what's happening. Basically if I can somehow force a clean boot and the pc functions as normal it operates fine, but as soon as i try plu a usb in it even move the cable of an attached usb too vigorously the pc reboots and goes into the unbootable state. The same this also happens if I just slightly bump the case. This lead me to believe it was a lose connections but I've checked the connections multiple times

Feb 18, 2020

I just noticed that on my motherboard there's some leds called ez debug. The light for CPU is lit up, so this indicates that the cpu is either receiving no power or has failed. What I'm wondering is does this confirm the issue lies with the cpu or could it still be an issue with the motherboard ?

Mar 30, 2020
The motherboard I have now is fried and I cant seem to find a replacement for my motherboard. The motherboard I currently have is an msi z270 pro gaming carbon. Cant seem to find anywhere that has stock of this.
What motherboard is compatible with an i7-7700k and crucial balistix 16gb ddr4 2400mhz ram (BLS16G4D240FSE).