[SOLVED] What Motherboard Chipset for the new Ryzen 4000?

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
I know the Ryzen 4000 cpus is to be announced next month on the 9th. But does anyone know in advance what motherboard chipset these new CPUs will be mated with? I don't know what motherboards are coming for this release. I am aware the X570 and B550 motherboards may support it, but Im wondering what new boards there will be out with what chipset?

Solution
I know the Ryzen 4000 cpus is to be announced next month on the 9th. But does anyone know in advance what motherboard chipset these new CPUs will be mated with? I don't know what motherboards are coming for this release. I am aware the X570 and B550 motherboards may support it, but Im wondering what new boards there will be out with what chipset?

X570 and B550 chipsets are clearly the best choice if you're buying now...or with the new CPU when it's out. And this time, B550 boards are so good X570 are really only a good choice if you have a very clear need for the expansion potential the extra PCIe lanes that X570 provides.

AMD didn't want to support Zen 3 on the older chipsets, but relented only after a lot of fussing on the...

X570 and B550 chipsets are clearly the best choice if you're buying now...or with the new CPU when it's out. And this time, B550 boards are so good X570 are really only a good choice if you have a very clear need for the expansion potential the extra PCIe lanes that X570 provides.

AMD didn't want to support Zen 3 on the older chipsets, but relented only after a lot of fussing on the part of mobo vendors. So B450 and X470 will work but it depends on whether/when the mobo mfr. releases a BIOS based on the beta AGESA AMD will make available for them. If it comes out the way support for Zen 2 did on X370 and B350, BIOS's will come well after the newer boards are taken care of.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS