[SOLVED] What Motherboard do I buy?

Jul 26, 2019
Hi guys, I'm looking for suggestions on what motherboard to buy.
It should be compatible with Intel Core i7-9700K CPU and supports a 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.

My budget is around 200-300$ and I'm hoping to save as much as I can and not spend my maximum budget with motherboards that have little difference to offer compared to $200 ones.

Any suggestions are gladly appreciated and Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
Most all of them should, but there might definitely be a few on the lower end of price that may not.

Just double check support on the website page for the board.

Specs section is usually just right there and easy to access and read.

And unfortunately I can't help much at this point because PH has always been a pain for me to try and help people shop for hardware online.

I only know of like two websites for PH and it's not easy for me to use them.

But a Z390 is the board you will need if you want your CPU to work and be overclocked.

And with what I am assuming is a budget of 200-300 USD then you'll have no problem I believe getting a good one from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

ASRock is good enough if trying to go budget, but they do...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
again.... country?
I am just going to assume America.
But if this is not the case then these motherboard recommendations become somewhat useless because price and availability of PC components can vary drastically between countries.

The filter for the list only allows me to do just M.2 but doesn't allow to specify NVME support.
So just look through the list and pick out what boards you like the look of with features and stuff and then quickly check NVME support on the specs page of the manufacturer website for that board.

But all of these boards will overclock your 9700K and most of the one's that aren't super cheap should support NVME.

Honestly, If you leave it up to me to pick a board for you, I'm just gonna pick the cheapest one possible that meets those two requirements and nothing else.
And that may not be what's best for you.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=135&E=1,4&qq=1&sort=price&page=1

Jul 26, 2019
again.... country?
I am just going to assume America.
But if this is not the case then these motherboard recommendations become somewhat useless because price and availability of PC components can vary drastically between countries.

The filter for the list only allows me to do just M.2 but doesn't allow to specify NVME support.
So just look through the list and pick out what boards you like the look of with features and stuff and then quickly check NVME support on the specs page of the manufacturer website for that board.

But all of these boards will overclock your 9700K and most of the one's that aren't super cheap should support NVME.

Honestly, If you leave it up to me to pick a board for you, I'm just gonna pick the cheapest one possible that meets those two requirements and nothing else.
And that may not be what's best for you.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=135&E=1,4&qq=1&sort=price&page=1

I'm from the Philippines.

Okay, does all Asus/Gigabyte Z390 support NVMe?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Most all of them should, but there might definitely be a few on the lower end of price that may not.

Just double check support on the website page for the board.

Specs section is usually just right there and easy to access and read.

And unfortunately I can't help much at this point because PH has always been a pain for me to try and help people shop for hardware online.

I only know of like two websites for PH and it's not easy for me to use them.

But a Z390 is the board you will need if you want your CPU to work and be overclocked.

And with what I am assuming is a budget of 200-300 USD then you'll have no problem I believe getting a good one from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

ASRock is good enough if trying to go budget, but they do have higher end boards like the Fatal1ty.

Gigabyte boards like AORUS series, and MSI boards like Tomohawk or Carbon are good ones too that I believe won't cost more than $300 for you.

I'm sure you're more than capable of shopping around properly for your country, so I am just leaving you with suggestions of brands and models to search for as well as telling you to double check the specs for it before you buy to make sure it actually does support NVME.

Solution