Question What Motherboard do you recommend and Most Common problems

Oct 8, 2022
Hi, I am a rookie, and i am about to start my first build. What kind of motherboard would you recommend and why do you recommend them? What are the most common problems i should expect with these motherboards?

USAFRet

Titan
and i am about to start my first build
Start here:

Reactions: Motherboardgeek

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, I am a rookie, and i am about to start my first build. What kind of motherboard would you recommend and why do you recommend them? What are the most common problems i should expect with these motherboards?
Depends on the exact model of the motherboard. You can get a problem board no matter what brand you buy.

I like MSI boards.
Most common problems is not reading the motherboard manual.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Please provide your budget, primary uses for the machine, country where you will buy the parts, and what expectations you have for this rookie build...

If you have any parts already, please list them also

Your gonna get ALOT of replies (cause everyone has their own preferences), so please set aside a week or so to reply to them all :D

I typically have had good luck with upper-mid to high-end Asus, MSI & Gigabyte boards, but I have above average building skills, so that may be a factor too :)

"Most common problem is not reading the motherboard manual."
And/or not doing proper research on things you don't know about

^^THIS^^

Oct 8, 2022
Please provide your budget, primary uses for the machine, country where you will buy the parts, and what expectations you have for this rookie build...

If you have any parts already, please list them also

Your gonna get ALOT of replies (cause everyone has their own preferences), so please set aside a week or so to reply to them all :D

I typically have had good luck with upper-mid to high-end Asus, MSI & Gigabyte boards, but I have above average building skills, so that may be a factor too :)

"Most common problem is not reading the motherboard manual."
And/or not doing proper research on things you don't know about

^^THIS^^
Hi i have $2000 for a gaming pc and monitor. what do you advice i go for in CPU and motherboard

You are putting the cart before the horse.
Before you can talk about motherboards, you have to know what cpu is going to be used.

$2000 can get you a very nice gaming system.
Does this include the monitor which can be a major component?
At one time, a rule of thumb was to budget about 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card. Probably getting true again.