[SOLVED] What motherboard for i5 12400f?

Mar 11, 2022
I am planning to buy a motherboard for i5 12400f processor. But I am really not sure on the motherboard, as this is my first PC in a long time.

What I've figured so far is that I need to take care about are sockets and ram. So this processor has 1700 socket and ram will be Ripjaw 32 GB with 3600 MHz and 16 latency. So some motherboard with mark B660 is what I need I guess.
I can't say I have this or that budget, I am looking for some best buy option. Basically I don't want to spend much more money for little to no gains. I don't care about RGB or anything like that. I would like to have WIFI, as not to bother with that separately. Or maybe I should take without, and then buy some WIFI card separately? I have also noticed they have these ATX and mATX sizes. Any advice on what is better in that regard? Is it just the size or there are other benefits as well? My first thought is that ATX is better, as there is more air to circulate, but I might be wrong. Do I need to look for special casing if I take ATX or mATX or are they compatible?
Regarding my needs, I am currently using laptop with nvme and HDD, so I was thinking about something similar on desktop as well, maybe swap HDD for SSD.

So far I have found these:
MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK WIFI (DDR4) - 220€
MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI (DDR4) - 211€
MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 - 180€

They are all MSI, but I don't prefer any brand. Or maybe something else from this list? Or anything else from that page. Maybe someone has better suggestion on buying parts in Sweden?

I am really clueless about this, so any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
The B660 Tomahawk would be my pick. That board series typically is very good. A bit beefier VRM will help you hold max turbo speeds, without the thermal throttling, of said VRM. Also better for future upgrades.