[SOLVED] What Motherboard should I get

Jighost

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
www.twitch.tv
I currently have a b450 tomahawk max ,
And I need a new Mobo for ryzen 4th gen , and the 3070 or 3070 ti depending on release dates , what mobo should I get . (best budget if possible)

Solution
The Tomahawk Max has a larger BIOS ROM chip (32MB) compared to the original Tomahawk (16MB) meaning it's more stable for the latest Ryzen 3000 BIOS, and more future proof to accommodate future BIOS updates (ie Ryzen 4000).

You're fine. If you had the Tomahawk non MAX who knows if they would have made a BIOS for the 4000 Ryzen CPU's.

But you have the MAX version. You do not need to change your board. That board will get BIOS update for the new CPU's.
The Tomahawk Max has a larger BIOS ROM chip (32MB) compared to the original Tomahawk (16MB) meaning it's more stable for the latest Ryzen 3000 BIOS, and more future proof to accommodate future BIOS updates (ie Ryzen 4000).

You're fine. If you had the Tomahawk non MAX who knows if they would have made a BIOS for the 4000 Ryzen CPU's.

But you have the MAX version. You do not need to change your board. That board will get BIOS update for the new CPU's.

Solution

Jighost

Honorable
Jun 14, 2015
www.twitch.tv

thank you so much. everything so clear I dont have anything to add.

TRENDING THREADS