[SOLVED] What motherboard should I get?

imrannazlan

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
Gonna get an Intel i5 10400f, which motherboard should I go with?

Options are;

Z950 GIGABYTE VISION G
Z490 ASUS TUF
B460M AORUS PRO
B460M-A MSI

Solution
Malaysia, so intel stuff is cheeap here.

Malaysia, pc stuff is pretty cheap here. Relatively I guess. But also, its 2666mhz. Planning on changing that one out as well, but only after a decision has been made cause the current motherboard only supports ddr4 2666. It was supposed to be budget build before I bought the GPU.
Can you link me the exact make and model of your ram?
Dont buy faster ram for intel, save that money for something else, perhaps a cooler for your new processor.

imrannazlan

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
What are you looking to get in a motherboard?
What is the rest of your pc like?
Getting a 10400F is questionable now, wait 2 weeks for the 11th gen rocket lake launch and see what it has to offer.

Currently running i5 9400f, Asrock H310cm ITX Ac, MSI 2080 super ventus, 650w, 1 tb NVME, 2x8gb TridentZ.
I like the idea of adding more NVME's as I go along (get them cheap) and the z950 has 4 slots. But I'm still not sure if that alone justifies the almost double price relative to the rest.

But yeah thanks, I think I might wait up for the 11th gen. Who knows maybe the 10th gen lineup will get cheaper as well for me hahah.

Currently running i5 9400f, Asrock H310cm ITX Ac, MSI 2080 super ventus, 650w, 1 tb NVME, 2x8gb TridentZ.
I like the idea of adding more NVME's as I go along (get them cheap) and the z950 has 4 slots. But I'm still not sure if that alone justifies the almost double price relative to the rest.

But yeah thanks, I think I might wait up for the 11th gen. Who knows maybe the 10th gen lineup will get cheaper as well for me hahah.
"Who knows maybe the 10th gen lineup will get cheaper as well for me hahah. "
That was my initial idea, if you decide not to go with 11th gen.
Are you located in US?

imrannazlan

Prominent
Apr 11, 2020
"Who knows maybe the 10th gen lineup will get cheaper as well for me hahah. "
That was my initial idea, if you decide not to go with 11th gen.
Are you located in US?

Malaysia, pc stuff is pretty cheap here. Relatively I guess. But also, its 2666mhz. Planning on changing that one out as well, but only after a decision has been made cause the current motherboard only supports ddr4 2666. It was supposed to be budget build before I bought the GPU.

Can you link me the exact make and model of your ram?
Dont buy faster ram for intel, save that money for something else, perhaps a cooler for your new processor.

Reactions: imrannazlan
Solution

TRENDING THREADS