[SOLVED] what motherboard to get for a future 10600k

brandon9455

Reputable
Apr 16, 2017
im planning on upgrading my current R5 1600x system to a i5 10600k as i mostly just game. im looking at motherboards and atm think that the msi mpg z490 gaming plus as its cheap and doesn't look too bad, im willing to spend £200 and have been told to stay away from asrock and go for asus or msi. i will be wanting to overclock my CPU as well so bare that in mind. also is there anything i need to do when switching from ryzen to intel as i plan to keep the same drives

logainofhades

Titan
Instead of wasting money, on a new board, and CPU, I would spend that money on a 3700x instead. Gaming won't be much different between the two, and a far cheaper endeavor. Not to mention you won't have to deal with a windows reinstall. Depending on motherboard, you may only need a bios update. What are your full system specs?

brandon9455

Reputable
Apr 16, 2017
Instead of wasting money, on a new board, and CPU, I would spend that money on a 3700x instead. Gaming won't be much different between the two, and a far cheaper endeavor. Not to mention you won't have to deal with a windows reinstall. Depending on motherboard, you may only need a bios update. What are your full system specs?
my full system specs are:
ryzen 5 1600x
gigabyte ax370 gaming K5
corsair h100i pro
gksill trident Z rgb 16gb @ 3000
Strix gtx 1080
evga 750 P2 power supply
samsung 850 evo 250gb
+hardrives
problem is my motherboard wont update to the F51 bios to enable support for gen 3. ive tried multiple times to update it following amds recommendations but it wont update past f40 without failing to boot at all like no boot cycle. or being extremely unstable. if i was to get a 3700x i would have to get a new motherboard anyway

TRENDING THREADS