Question What Motherboards Are Compatible With Nvidia Quadro 48GB video card?

TurboCoder3000

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Update: Found compatible components. Took a little bit. I think I will be upgrading to an AMD Threadripper CPU.

For my next computer build, this will be my "ultimate" computer build so I want to max out on everything - including RAM, etc.

This is not happening soon...this is around a year and a half or two years out but I am planning it now.

I am planning on either an AMD Threadripper CPU setup or Intel setup (I can't decide...I've been thinking about switching to Intel but not sure). I've had no issues with my current AMD so maybe I should stick with AMD.

The main issue I have run into with PC Part Picker, though, is it chooses a very narrow range of motherboards for the PNY NVIDIA Quadro RTX A6000 48GB GDDR6 Graphics Card and it only seems to show Intel Xeon processors as compatible. I'd want Intel Core i9 (minimum). Maybe I am wrong on the CPU choice, though...I am open to suggestions to get a baseline PC rig going on PC Part Picker - in terms of compatibility) and then I can upgrade the components.

I am open to suggestions. But the big requirement is any motherboard/CPU combo must be compatible with the PNY NVIDIA Quadro RTX A6000 48GB GDDR6 Graphics Card.

Last edited:

TurboCoder3000

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
Primarily, video editing. I don't game very much anymore. I'm so bored of gaming. Never thought I would say that. Anyway...

My interests for this GPU are video editing and 3D Graphics and animation.