What motherboards can fit this ATX case? HP Pavilion p6200la Desktop PC

rardeva

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hi

I have this HP Pavilion p6200la Desktop PC

Check Specifications in Here

I would like to upgrade the components. Been checking Motherboards and before buying (anything) i want to make sure the mother board will fit in the case. It currently has a micro ATX mother board so i was looking for only micro ATX motherboards. Then i came across this post: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304709-30-will-mobo-tower

So, now I don't now what should I get and if it will fit or not.

Can someone please help me? the main 2 doubts in brief:
- What kind of motherboard can fit in it?
- What kind of power source can I use? can it be ATX or does it have to be microATX? Because I think the best is to replace the current 250W power source but I don't know which will fit in it.

I am looking for a gaming motherboard because i play league of legends and world of warcraft. I already have an ATI Radeon 5570. I don't play super cool graphics games and I care more about performance than graphics. Also, the main reason for upgrading is to work better (programing and web development) not just gaming.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention,

Solution
Look on the back of the case and count the expansion slots. If it is 5 or less, you have to use a mATX motherboard. Otherwise you can use any mATX or ATX motherboard.