Question What mounting bracket do I need for my AIO cooler?

Dec 20, 2022
Hello,

I have an MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC motherboard with a Ryzen 5600X in a small Coolermaster Elite110 case. To cool the processor I need a decent cooler, and no decent air coolers will fit in the case, so I think I'm going to go for the Corsair H60. However, for this AIO I need a different mounting bracket to the one it comes with so it will fit the motherboard.

Can anyone please tell me what mounting bracket I need, and where I can purchase it from? I've looked the best I can online but I'm struggling to find the correct info... been stuck on this for quite a few days!

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply!

So from what I've researched, the bracket for the AIO is square-shaped, and the four screw holes on my motherboard are in a rectangular shape.. so AIO would not fit on the motherboard..

Thanks!

Hello,

I have an MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC motherboard with a Ryzen 5600X in a small Coolermaster Elite110 case. To cool the processor I need a decent cooler, and no decent air coolers will fit in the case, so I think I'm going to go for the Corsair H60. However, for this AIO I need a different mounting bracket to the one it comes with so it will fit the motherboard.

Can anyone please tell me what mounting bracket I need, and where I can purchase it from? I've looked the best I can online but I'm struggling to find the correct info... been stuck on this for quite a few days!

Cheers!

The cooler mounting bracket is typically supplied with the cooler unless stated otherwise.

Reactions: cheersdits5

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So from what I've researched, the bracket for the AIO is square-shaped, and the four screw holes on my motherboard are in a rectangular shape.. so AIO would not fit on the motherboard..

With AMD, the back bracket on MoBo, is usually replaced with suitable one, that is included with CPU cooler. If no back bracket is included, the CPU cooler is compatible with stock bracket, that comes with MoBo.

AMD back bracket is included, the one at bottom right:

H602_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Reactions: cheersdits5
Dec 20, 2022
With AMD, the back bracket on MoBo, is usually replaced with suitable one, that is included with CPU cooler. If no back bracket is included, the CPU cooler is compatible with stock bracket, that comes with MoBo.

AMD back bracket is included, the one at bottom right:

H602_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Oh I see! Thank you, you've made me realise what I need to do!

I didn't realise that these plastic things (please see image below) are what holds the AIO onto the board... I'd actually removed them from the motherboard for a previous cooler!

motherboard-plastic-brackets.jpg.79660e01060f201eab0c0e3c2959edd1.jpg

Many thanks for helping out a red-arse builder, very much appreciated!