What movie genre(s) bore you as you've matured?

minnin90

Great
Sep 1, 2021
By no means do I mean you musn't like what I like because your young or old. These simply are the ones I grew out of, or am growing out of.

Comic Book/Superhero Movies (The pure amount of them just is absurd. At least when there were westerns by the dozen, they had better quality, just me probably)

Slasher Horror Movies ( Jason and Michael do not scare me, they are laughable at best, its just a good way to make money)

Raunchy Comedy (I'm not the most perfect minded person but yelling the F bomb sexually out so much just gets old)

The rest is good for me. I really like low budget dramas, big budget flops such as Mortal Engines that had great special effects and story but flopped hard at the box office. I also like the mid budget Resident Evil and Underworld movies. I miss the 80s and 90s action flicks, Rambo, Speed, of course the scifi back then like Terminator, Aliens,etc. Anyway what genres have you grown out of?

Math Geek

Polypheme
Ambassador
i'm starting to get over all the haunting movies being made. they were different and fun for a while but the fun has worn off the last few years.

all the superhero stuff has also gotten stale to me. but then disney has also killed many things i liked with too much of a good thing. star wars is another one they have beaten to death. never been a huge fan but enjoyed the movies, even the last few. but too much too quick keeps me away.

think i am just old but now the "hollywood is out of ideas" thing bothers me more now than it ever did before. just almost nothing coming out i want to spend the time watching. no genre is putting out anything new really and all the reboots are just sad really.

i also watch a lot of indi and low budget stuff. often great ideas and unique stories to enjoy. sure the production value is often terrible but at least i can come away saying "i'd like to see that done with a real budget cause the idea was awesome"

minnin90

Great
Sep 1, 2021
i'm starting to get over all the haunting movies being made. they were different and fun for a while but the fun has worn off the last few years.

all the superhero stuff has also gotten stale to me. but then disney has also killed many things i liked with too much of a good thing. star wars is another one they have beaten to death. never been a huge fan but enjoyed the movies, even the last few. but too much too quick keeps me away.

think i am just old but now the "hollywood is out of ideas" thing bothers me more now than it ever did before. just almost nothing coming out i want to spend the time watching. no genre is putting out anything new really and all the reboots are just sad really.

i also watch a lot of indi and low budget stuff. often great ideas and unique stories to enjoy. sure the production value is often terrible but at least i can come away saying "i'd like to see that done with a real budget cause the idea was awesome"
really gotta say everything you put down, i agree with!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS